Onkyo M504 LED conversion

halo71
halo71 Posts: 4,567
Anyone here done this before? If so, how hard is it to do? And where did you buy the LED kit?
--Gary--
Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I have not done it but, I have seen on other forums and once in a while for sale with LED's in them and they did look very nice.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    There are nice LEDs and not nice LEDs for vintage refurb. I think @F1nut did some experimenting and found some that are nicely balanced and not overly bright or those that make "hot spots" behind meters and such.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    halo71 wrote: »
    Anyone here done this before? If so, how hard is it to do? And where did you buy the LED kit?

For a pre-made kit talk to, https://sites.google.com/site/dgwojocom/

Your meter lights have a wire lead at each end, so some soldering will be required.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    F1nut wrote: »
    For a pre-made kit talk to, https://sites.google.com/site/dgwojocom/

Your meter lights have a wire lead at each end, so some soldering will be required.

Thanks, found him yesterday on AK. Already ordered from him.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.