If you like Norah Jones...

PSOVLSK
PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
you’ll probably like Puss N Boots. Norah is a member of this 3 lady band and frankly I’m surprised I’ve never heard of them until now. They have a great cover of Neil Young’s “Down by the River” and of Wilco’s “Jesus, etc.”
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Puss N Boots was one of the headliners at the first Maplewoodstock I attended maybe 6 years ago. Free 2 day music festival every year in the next town over from me. I confess to not having known who Norah Jones was at the time lol. They were very good.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited June 2021
    The 'Come Away with Me' album got played so much on the Jazz stations I was listening to at the time that I became a fan. I purchased a couple of her CD's back then, however, I haven't listened to much of the later stuff or the Puss N Boots project. Just some tracks here and there.
    Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2021
    Puss N Boots was one of the headliners at the first Maplewoodstock I attended maybe 6 years ago. Free 2 day music festival every year in the next town over from me. I confess to not having known who Norah Jones was at the time lol. They were very good.

r9lafewlexjt.png

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Ha ha. Actually probably 8 years ago. I had heard her name but didn't know her music or that she was Ravi Shankr's daughter. I hadn't pulled my speakers out of storage at the time and had no streaming music services but just my CD collection. Since then I've grown to love her singing and music. Other than that, I plead the 5th lol.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    you’ll probably like Puss N Boots. Norah is a member of this 3 lady band and frankly I’m surprised I’ve never heard of them until now. They have a great cover of Neil Young’s “Down by the River” and of Wilco’s “Jesus, etc.”

I like em for sure! They are not in the regular rotation, but I should listen more often! So much good music…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer