Sony SCD-555es Modded: $250 .....but read on...

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited May 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ok, so my trusty Sony SCD-555es.

This was a Stereophile Class "A" player back in the day....and this was modified by SACDMODS.com (long since defunct) and is a world class player. Reference level.

Now, before you jump up and scream shut up and take my money, there is a catch. The laser is out on it. It won't read SACD's....CD's are hit or miss...takes forever to load if they do read.

The lasers. Sony has long since quit making them (KHM-280AAA). There are Chinesium lasers available but they are hit or miss...mostly miss...on quality. There is a guy in Taiwan who sometimes has them and they seem to be good. Also, Liberty electronics in Miami, those seem to be ok.......I have 2 replacement lasers. I don't know if they will work or not. I've been through this with another Sony player and it's hit or miss. Mostly miss so I'm done **** with them.

So, for 250 bucks.....shipping included Lower 48......You get the player. 2 lasers. Remote. Manual and SACD mods receipt and paperwork. I might have a copy of the Service Manual but it's available for download as well.....and my sincere hopes it works out for you.

I'd MUCH prefer USPS money order or personal check if you aren't a bozo. Paypay would be my method of last resort. It is replete with suckiocity. RT1 said so.

Local pickup would be AWESOME. I'll knock of 50 bucks and ply you with a steak at the restaurant and might even send you home with some other parting gifts.

I don't have pics right now, but I can post later.....it's in good nick.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments