Paradigm cc 390

Options
Picked up a 6 piece set of Paradigm speakers at an estate sale.....4 bookies, a center, and small sub the center is a cc 190 v6. I would like to give these a spin for a while with the biggest center in that version. I think it's a 390 I'm looking for.....if there is a bigger better option that will match educate me.
Their way of designating different lines/versions confuses me :smiley: but hey I'm old and the issue is probably mine.

Prefer black.

Thanks,

G
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited June 2021
    Options
    What version are all of them? The 390 is the largest as far as I know. I very much enjoyed my Monitor 7 and V2.

But the newer versions..... v5 and v6 I think it was the cc390 as TOTL for the monitor series. A great center for sure. The vocals were crystal clear. Optimus Prime's voice was pretty impact full. I'd take one over my Polk cc704 any day.

There is the middle guy. A CC290.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paradigm-CC-290-Center-Channel-Speaker-CC290-V5-Single-Black-Speaker-/334008081702?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

qnbd6xiclqpn.jpg
    Post edited by CH46E on
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    This is making me really want to go back to a Adcom/Paradigm set up!

Thanks! 😄
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    gwh wrote: »
    Picked up a 6 piece set of Paradigm speakers at an estate sale.....4 bookies, a center, and small sub the center is a cc 190 v6. I would like to give these a spin for a while with the biggest center in that version. I think it's a 390 I'm looking for.....if there is a bigger better option that will match educate me.
    Their way of designating different lines/versions confuses me :smiley: but hey I'm old and the issue is probably mine.

Prefer black.

Thanks,

G

I found one on Austin Craigslist: https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/round-rock-sansui-carver-paradigm-focal/7321990381.html.

Pretty shocked to see sound and visions measurements though. That’s a gigantic center for -3db at 82hz!!!

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/paradigm-monitor-series-v5-speaker-system-ht-labs-measures
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    I don’t have a lead on one but to me the center channel is the most important of all home theater speakers. Go big!
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    They are all version v6.
    That one listed in Round Rock is on the edge of striking distance but dang the pushed in dust caps. Can't remember what speaker I had that I tried all the tips & tricks on to straighten out the caps but I remember it did not turn out good :)
    If it was a v6 and no dents in the caps I'd be on my way with a slight detour to the Frio River for some float time. Thanks for the point out on that one.

HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I wonder if the drivers in the speakers and the center are the same specs??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a