Polk 4000 distortion

Options
After a recent move, my soundbar has distortion that comes & goes, but only when listening to tv. It doesn't do this when using a bluetooth connection to my phone. I used new audio cable too so I don't think that's my problem. Could it be the power adapter?

Best Answer

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,503
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The soundbar has lots of signal processing which could be causing the distortion and it has speakers which can become defective and cause distortion as well. It's probably best to contact Polk's CS at: 1-800-377-7655 and follow the prompts for soundbar related problems. You'll need the unit's serial number and purchase information.

Answers

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    While not impossible it's unlikely the soundbar's power supply is causing the problem since it seems to be source dependent. Does it seem to happen when specific program material is being watched? For example it only happens when you watch something on Netflix.
  • miriam
    miriam Posts: 3
    Options
    It happens on all tv channels. I thought at first it was the wireless dish receiver causing interference, but I moved the soundbar to a different tv & it does the same thing. I also moved a different soundbar to the first tv, with no issues. So I know it's something with this soundbar but can't figure it out.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Is this at a relatively high playing volume when you hear it?
  • miriam
    miriam Posts: 3
    Options
    I've tried low volume & high, with tv sound on & off. I've tried putting ferrite beads on cords. What else could it be?