Cleaning glasstop electric stove

Options
So, want to clean the touchpad on the stove but how do i clean it well w/o activating any of the settings and such? Sorry for what is probably an easy to answer question but couldnt find the answer web wise and dont want to screw anything up...

thanks!
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC

Comments

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Options
    Don't have one, but I would switch the circuit breaker off.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Shutting off the circuit breaker to the stove seems the easiest way to me, followed by unplugging it from the wall outlet. I've never done either. Unplugging from the wall may involve pulling the stove out and damaging flooring underneath if the plug's not easy to get to. A slightly damp cloth with a little soapy water in it should be all that's needed to lightly clean the touchpad. Some appliances also have a screen lock function but not all of them do. Here's an example from LG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PJwSrarJ3o
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    What helps me, is dampening a paper towel and laying it upon the surface. Let is set a few min, depending how dirty it is. This way the debris cleans up better/removed easier . . . ymmv

409 work well, too
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Got it figured out, thanks everyone!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,338
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    If your just cleaning the glass over the electronics, just spray some decent window cleaner on a paper towel first then wipe. Most any ceramic top cleaners work just as good as the next with a little light scrubbing pad. Try not to use the heavy duty scrub pads as they may scratch the top.

One thing I've noticed with many brands of ovens...and electronics, is that they seem to want to place the oven vent right under the electronics panel. Nothing good can come of that design and your electronics is in more danger from that than cleaning the panel with a liquid cleaner. Just my .02
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Mr. Clean pads are perfect for induction-top stoves. Then Ceramabrite.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    and your electronics is in more danger ....

Okay so SF/ mafia intel aside... Treat it like you are just about to meet the Italian woman of your dreams parents and your not sure yet if that's a good thing or your life is epically in danger. And then realize you need to stop posting drunk. JMHO!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus