I need interconnects for SDA2's

I called Support and they don't have any. They gave me a couple of references (Parts Express - don't know why and Midwest Spkr repair - they only had the single pin). The SDA2 ias 2 pin. Any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    There is a seller on eBay selling their version of the blade/blade cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• OnlyPolk
    OnlyPolk Posts: 137
    My son is enjoying the speakers and he doesn't care about the interconnects. Mine is actually stuck somewhere in the sub floor of my living room. Instead of stringing the cable across the room I had a carpenter cut some ports in the wall on two sides and ran the interconnect through the crawl space. When we moved the speakers to his house the plug got stuck below the floor and I couldn't retrieve it.
    (1) Didn't know it cost that much (2) I always used the interconnects did not A-B with and without. Does it really make a difference?
  • OnlyPolk
    An aural (audible) difference?
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    Yes it makes a difference. With your screen name you should know this :# Here's the motherload of info about SDA https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/editor/fe/zg3wih4m7prz.pdf
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    OnlyPolk wrote: »
    An aural (audible) difference?

Hell yes!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    "I always used the interconnects did not A-B with and without. Does it really make a difference?"

Absolutely! If the speakers are positioned properly and you are seated in the center of the speakers, it's like the difference in going from black and white TV to color TV.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    It's more than just imagining, don't the older sda's also have less bass without the interconnect cable.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2021
    Earliest yes some drivers only work with the interconnect connected.
    Since there were several "SDA 2's" we would need to know more.
    SDA 2 SDA 2a SDA 2b and SDA SRS 2

I believe most of if not all SDA 2 can be considered 3rd generation and most had sub bass drive to all speakers. IIRC
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    My SDA 2Bs actually seem to have more bass with the interconnect cable disconnected.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • invalid
    TennMan wrote: »
    My SDA 2Bs actually seem to have more bass with the interconnect cable disconnected.

Those are later model, they don't have the sub bass drive circuit if I remember correctly.
  • pitdogg2
    invalid wrote: »

Those are later model, they don't have the sub bass drive circuit if I remember correctly.

All pin/blade models IIRC have the circuit.
  • invalid
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    invalid wrote: »

All pin/blade models IIRC have the circuit.

You are correct, it's the older models that didn't have the sub bass drive circuit. Some of the 3rd generation blade/blade versions had this circuit also.
  • OnlyPolk
    Thanks for the link to ebay, ordered the interconnect from midwest speaker. In response to a previous post, I have to explain that yes I was an "onlypolk" fan from the seventies through the nineties. I do have other speakers now, a pair of Paradigm Studio 60's and MA Silver 500's. I liked the mid range on these compared to the Polks I had, but since I have never (yet) owned the top line of Polks I know this is not a fair comparison to make.
  • OnlyPolk
    My son has the SDA 2's. I upgraded all the tweeters about 10 years ago (thanks to the forum). I don't have the ability to do anything with crossovers. The only guy I knew of who would have done it for me, in Charlotte NC has retired. I cannot impress upon my son the importance of positioning the speakers properly. He has placed them in a "decorative" arrangement. He and his wife are professional (classical) musicians. That seems to be true of musicians.
  • pitdogg2
    Then a cable will make no difference.
    Geesh some people's children 🤣