ATMOS speakers

About to install a 7.2.4 layout. I got a pair of 90-RTs and a pair of 70-RTs for a great deal, so that is what I'm using for the ATMOS speakers. My question is, which should I put in front and which in rear? My first thought was to put the 90s in front, but, then, I thought maybe rear would need more bass support. The rest of the system consists of RTi-a7s and CSi-A6 up front, RTi-A3s for surround and RCi55s for back and two PSW 505s. Marantz AV7702 MKII and Rotel RMB-1075 and RMB-1066.

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,367
    During setup set all speakers to small then set the crossover to 80hz. doing this it won't matter which are in front or rear. Then save some $$$$ for a real sub. SVS or HSU will be a lot better than a pair of 505's.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mototech
    mototech Posts: 1
    I'm more concerned about the bass frequencies whose source can be identified (80-250Hz) and not sub-bass. I've decided to put the 90s in front since front sound is more discernable than rear. If there is a noticeable deficiency in the back, I'll just get a couple more 90s. (I won't be able to swap them because of mounting hole size difference)