Just got the new Nine Inch Nails DVD.....

Options
DAlba
DAlba Posts: 124
edited October 2003 in Music & Movies
This dvd rocks! It is one of the best concert dvd's out there. The 5.1 mix is superb, ya'll should check it out.
Post edited by DAlba on

Comments

• ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    Options
    saw the dvd yesterday @ the store. always been a NIN fan. i will have to check it out
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • crewchief68
    crewchief68 Posts: 19
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree....see my other post.....I should have turned the page before making my post...
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Anyone compare the DTS to DD versions? My buddy got the DD instead of the DTS, so I want to know if I should buy the DTS ver.

john
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I bought the DTS 5.1 version. I only watched a few parts (short on time today), but what I did watch was awesome!

And to think I used to pick on my nephew for listening to this group. Now I'm hooked!!!

"Bow down before the one you serve. You're going to get what you deserve!"

John
    No excuses!
  • johnnyamerika
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Yeah the DD is pretty amazing as is, and the DTS seems pretty hard to find (Best Buy didn't have 1, but they had like 50 DD). It is one of the best sounding DVDs out there, I'd have to say.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Very Interesting, I am a big fan of concert DVD's and was holding out on this one. The price is very steep $40---not sure if it was worth it . With there mostly industrial sound it seems like all the sound of a live performance would be to all blended together. I may have to check this one out. Has anyone with this DVD compared to other concert DVD's? I have heard some pretty amazing one's. I am wordering how this compares to what is out there.
  • johnnyamerika
    edited March 2002
    Options
    well, one of my favorites is the Eagles DVD, which also has some of the best sound...and I would definatley put this DVD up there with that one in terms of sound quality....and I haven't heard the DTS version yet!
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Best Concert DVD's in my collection:

NIN- And All That Could Have Been DD (you can really tell they put a lot of time into creating this dvd, alsome, aggressive use of 5.1 channels and very loud but still very clear. Most camera angles give Hi-Def quality)

Santana- Supernatural Live DD/DTS (Excellent 5.1 mix and sound, great video quality, good demo material for audio and video)

Eagles- Hell Freezes Over DTS (Excellent sound quality, clean conservative 5.1 mix, good video. Nice DTS audio only track at the end. good demo material for audio)

Good Concert DVD's

Metallica- Cunning Stunts (good video quality, and sound quality for a metallica live concert. 5.1 mix is ok- rear mostly consist of crowd noise only)

Metallica- S&M (good audio/video but just not my cup of tea)

Alice In Chains- Unplugged (menu sucks, video is ok but sound is good. mild 5.1 mix)

Horrible Concert DVD's

Godsmack Live DD/DTS (great concert but dvd was complete garbage)

Sevendust DD (amature video and sound, what 5.1 mix?)

Pantera- 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell (poor menu, amature video, kick **** for hard core fan)Good Concert DVD's Horrible Concert DVD's
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Underworld also made a phenomenal concert DVD.

You have the choice of either the Tomato art scenes or the actual concert footage. Awesome mix, IMO.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • thehalo8
    thehalo8 Posts: 127
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I had the DD version until my house got robbed, and then I searched long and hard for the DTS version instead of buying the DD version again.

Oh my god, it sounds soooo much better. It is so clear and every sound comes out flawlessly. My cousin has the DD version, and when I listen to that one it just does not compare. Trent did a kick **** job with this DTS DVD; I just wish they would have made more DTS versions so everyone could enjoy it. I saw this concert in Orlando, and the DTS version lets me relive the experience.
    Mains: Polk RTi70's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk TC60i's
    Sub: Polk PSW505
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-DS696
    TV: Samsung HLS 5687W 56"
    DVD: Sony DVP S5300
    Protection: Monster HTS 3600
    Backup Battery: Belkin AP3080010