Spotify FINALLY announces HiFi streaming

Options
2»

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    I have the Premium Family plan, so hoping for the best! IMO, that plan is an example of how Spotify's interface is better than the rest. Each member can create their own playlists and other library choices. I had gotten a little tired of my son's music infiltrating my Daily Mix choices :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    For me, another big part of it is just using Spotify with friends. When I send someone a song or playlist on Tidal, they just they aren't downloading Tidal to hear one song. But it feels like EVERYONE has Spotify, and those numbers keep growing...

At the end of the day, having Spotify Hifi allows me to have one service for hifi streaming and the rest of my life.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited February 2021
    Options
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »

Oh boy this should get interesting to say the least ☺️
    Personally I never got caught up in all the hi-rez & MQA hype. Give me a well recorded 16/44.1 & I'm good to go.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,972
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »

Oh boy this should get interesting to say the least ☺️
    Personally I never got caught up in all the hi-rez & MQA hype. Give me a well recorded 16/44.1 & I'm good to go.

The challenge of those articles is that most people can’t hear the difference better a 320 mbps MP3 and 16/44.1 flac file. Nothing to do with quote “hi-Rez”!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Give me a well recorded
    This is the answer to the #1 question.

First song on that challenge was not well recorded
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    In my experience the High res versions *almost* always sound better unless they screwed up the mix in some remastering process. We are usually comparing different mixes at different volumes which would make true A/Bing pretty impossible. I'm anti upsampling and I want them either recorded high res in the first place or remastered from the master tapes.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    This is a speculative update on timing, but Billie Elish just announced a new album coming out July 30th. Given her involvement with the initial announcement, and no Tidal or Qobuz pre-save on the announcement landing page, I would imagine Spotify hifi will roll out with or prior to this album release.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs