T30 centre speaker crackling

My Polk Audio 5.1 surround system is about 15 years old.Whilst watching TV dialogue becomes difficult to understand at lower volumes due to a crackling/buzzing sound.The other speakers are fine.This problem is also present when I play music.I suspect that the tweeter is the problem,not the other 2 drivers.Is this a common fault with this particular speaker type?Any suggestions how to identify the cause of the problem would be appreciated.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Swap the tweeter with one of the others to see if the problem follows. If not swap the drivers. If you need a part you'll have to shop for it on some place like eBay because Polk won't have any due to the age of your speaker.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks F1nut!I tried to swop the centre speaker with one of the surround desktop speakers and the same problem exists.This now makes me wonder that it is not my receiver connections/settings that is incorrect?