new headunit (yay!)

2»

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2004
    hey cody, i finally got/installed my DEH-960MP, and i cant find a dome option...:(
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    almost... there... all i have to do now is put the panels back on and find some abs plastic to mount my antenna switch in.

one amp pic

yeah, i don't have dome either, and it's not mentioned in his manual at all.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • unrealii
    unrealii Posts: 268
    edited June 2004
    What is the dome option?
    LSIm system on order =D

Currently listening to innovation...

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    cody sez that it makes it sound like you're at a concert in a dome/stadium, and that everyone should try it once ("it won't hurt you if you only do it once...")

yeah, how 'bout it started pouring outside, completely out of nowhere... i mean, one second, slightly cloudy skies, the next, lightning like nobody's business, and then about thirty seconds later (literally) it's coming down in buckets... thankfully, all audio's installed, so i can use the car and not suffer in silence...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    looking good so far neo
    as far as the dome option, i went out to my truck and wrote down how to get to it...lol
    on my main menu, its says
    FUNC AUDIO EEQ TITLE ENT ATT

press AUDIO, then this menu comes up

F/B LOUD SPC EQ 1 EQ 2 ASL

press SPC, then this menu comes up

STUDIO CLUB HALL DOME OCT BBE

press DOME, if you still cant find it and really care that much, call pioneer
    they might have gotten rid of it with the new head units...i dunno...that would suck because i listen to it all the time...
    all my buddies always ask "i didnt know *insert band here* had a live CD, where did you get it?"
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    i'll have to try that, if i can get the damn thing to work...

the car's not even put back together and i have a problem, and it's a biggie: there's no display! i've got it on bare-bones right now: power, ground, ignition, and RTO leads, and preouts to amp. These are my symptoms:

1) most importantly, there's nothing on the screen, no matter what i try

2) my amp doesn't turn on if there's a CD in the player, nor can i switch sources with one in. if i hit the eject button, it folds down and the CD comes out like it's supposed to. then, when i put the face back up, one of two things happens:

a) it acts completely erratically, sometimes responding to the eject button, and never to anything else; it'll open halfway, then stop, too
    OR
    b) still no display, but the amp turns on and the radio works

I don't understand... it was working perfectly, then i unhooked it to put my console back in, and when i hooked it back up, this happened... any ideas? cody, has anything like this ever happened with yours?

• neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    okay, i got it - apparently, you're not supposed to use the dimmer wire, cause it blows up your display; so i got it replaced under warranty. now everything's in, i got a hundred bucks (maybe some secondskin??)(completely unrelated), and i'm almost done.

• unrealii
    edited June 2004
    Damn:eek: Glad you got it replaced. Any more pics?
    LSIm system on order =D

Prior car systems:
    Nissan Maxima - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Eclipse PA5422, Eclipse PA5532, Polk SR 6500 (Front), Polk DB6510 (Rear), Image Dymanics IDQ10, active x-over setup
    Toyota MR2 - Eclipse CD5030, Eclipse HDR109 HD Receiver, Blaupunkt THA 555, Polk SR6500
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    not today, i spent the day doing errands :(... but i'll finish tomorrow, hopefully.

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    cody, my menu is a bit different, i found the BBE option, but no spc or anything of that sort, so i guess im gonna call pioneer when i get a chance
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    i think that our BBE setting is the same thing, cause in my manual it sez "...reproduce the dynamic sound field as if you are listening to a live performance." under the description for BBE.

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    my manual i think said something along the lines of it trying to reproduce the sound exactly as it was meant to be.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    now, that is listed under the BMX function in my manual...

"it says in mine..."
    "well, my manual says..."
    "yeah, but my manual says..."
    :D

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    i really need to just go over the whole manual, i kinda scanned it, and that was because i couldnt figure out how to get my face plate off the damn dual display, although it looks real good at night, i love it
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    i think that our BBE setting is the same thing, cause in my manual it sez "...reproduce the dynamic sound field as if you are listening to a live performance." under the description for BBE.
    doubt it, why would mine have both?
    lol...i got my manual out
    looked under subtitle "Audio Adjustments"
    under Audio Adjustments, it says "Using sound field control(SFC...notice SFC, not sPc...my bad), octaver and BBE sound...........................48
    maybe that will help...
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited June 2004
    ill look tomorrow, cause im not going out to my car at 11:20 to get my manual, and if i still have no luck, i guess ill call
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    of those 3, only bbe is in either manual...

btw, you can download the manuals off pioneer's site, thats how im looking at yours...

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    when i hit audio, it give me the crossovers, time alignment, eq, fade/balance, and the auto eq/ta, which btw, is cool as hell...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    yeah it is, i just did it maybe half an hour ago, and what a difference! i especially like the position selector...

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    yeah it is, i just did it maybe half an hour ago, and what a difference! i especially like the position selector...
    yeah...you never know the difference is there until you try it...it surprised me a good bit...
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited June 2004
    i did it the other day after work at like 11 at night, i was sitting outside my car think this is great, and less work for me, lol the only thing i noticed that it says my front left speaker, is 63 inches away, which would be longer then i am tall, i dunno, but it sounds great
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    yeah, it says my left speaker is five feet away and my right is nine feet away :D... but when i manually input the correct distances, the auto version still sounds better... so i stick with that...

• unrealii
    edited June 2004
    unless if the speaker is directed at you, it could be considering the waves bouncing around until they hit your ears... :i dunno:
    LSIm system on order =D

Prior car systems:
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    yeah, the directions say that reflections can have a lot to do with it; but, my speakers are pointed pretty damn close to my head, i'll put a pic up of a "driver's-eye-view" in my car.

so i have a driver's-eye-view pic and a not-coiled-rca pic to post tomorrow...

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    i should start taking some pics and post them, maybe after i get the carpet for sub box and amp rack, and when i run my new rcas, and hide all my other wires. one problem i ran into when i put my new hu in,i havent been able to get it to sit so i can put the trim ring on...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    i've just been leaving my HU loose till i get everything done, but that's cause i need to mount a switch there... you'll see what im talking about eventually... :)

• Systems
    edited June 2004
    right now my car looks like a tornado hit it, besides the dirty works clothes, my jacket that its too hot for now, i have all the trim panels on my rear floor, school books/papers, my back seats down, the tools i used when i took out my old gnx's, which i sold the 2 for $150 :), and some other things, im waiting for another day off work where i have nothing to do
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing