I had an interesting day...

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
well, yesterday when i go to get into my truck to go to work, i press my remote to unlock the doors and it only beeps once (supposed to beep twice)
well, i mess with it and the remote wont lock, wont unlock, and the truck wont beep
so i go inside to get my other remote
same thing
thinking this was odd i go to work, manually lock my windows and that was that
came out of work and still nothing, so i just unlocked it with my key and was on my merry way
last night i found out the time they were open
i work from 8-4:30 and theyre open from 9-6, i work about 40-45 minutes away
well last night it started going crazy
the doors would lock by themselves, and keep trying to lock
not like every 5 seconds or so evenly spaced apart
it would try to lock about 10 times every 2 seconds, then stop, then try to lock about every 5 seconds, then every 2, then stop, then every 2 sec, then every 10, then stop
so at this point im like WTF
well
go to work today
still doing the crazy locking stuff until i get in and start the truck
get out of the truck at work and lock it and im on my merry way
today during my lunch break i call them, tell them i want to bring it in and why and tell them itll be around 5 because thats the best i can do with work
they say ok, bring it in, well take care of it
(the alarm has a lifetime warranty)
get off work and go to my truck as quick as i can to get out of there and go to Custom Audio to get it fixed
put my key in the door and the damn thing wont unlock
something was keeping the key for turning all the way
thought that was weird
go to the other door
same thing
get my spare key out, both doors--same result
at this point im thinking FAHQ
i have a CB, and my antenna runs through my rear window(extended cab part)
the thickness of the cable keeps the window from shutting all the way...i mean it still shuts and stuff...but yeah
so i get a screwdriver from my toolbox because it unlocks...lol
grab the windows with my fingers and use the screwdriver to push the latch on the inside of the window to open it, mind you it only opens like 3-4"
go back to the tool box, thank god my sub box takes up the space where my jack and stuff is or else it would be in the cab and not in the toolbox
anyway, to crank up the jack, GM has a pole with a hook in the end, you put the hook through the holes in the jack, get the supplied ratchet and crank
theres also an extender pole
well, i get the extender pole and the hook pole and procede to break into my own truck
since i can only stick my arm up to my elbow in its kinda hard, and i cant see what im doing, so i got one of my co-workers to stand on the passenger side to spot me
well, i cant seem to get the latch for the lock to come up, so i try for the crank for the windows
does the trick, i crank it down far enough with the hook pole to get my hand in there and crank it the rest of the way down
at this point im like...phew, now i just gotta unlock the door and get it and haul **** to Custom Audio to get this **** fixed
well, i go to use my hand to unlock the latch to get inside and its jammed
im talking JAMMED
i didnt want to use a lot of pressure for fear of breaking it but i put some arm into it and it didnt budge
again, im thinking FAHQ
get my tools picked up, thank my co-worker and proceed to climb through the window to get inside my truck, dukes of hazard style
oo
and during the break in process the alarm went off, i pressed the clicker and it stopped, but didnt unlock the door
now it was beeping again, but still not unlocking
haul **** to corpus, im there at like 5:15
climb out the window...lol...and go inside
explain to them whats going on and he comes outside
he presses the clicker like i did like 10 times after i broke into my truck and guess what?
no it doesnt unlock, but yet its now unjammed
at this point im feeling kind of stupid...but still upset that its not working
guy tells me that they dont have time to do it today, bring it in first thing tomorrow...wrong answer
i asked him to disconnect the alarm or something so i know it wont jam my doors anymore, he proceeds to tell me that it shouldnt do it anymore
i inform him that it shouldnt have done it in the first place but it did, that i live 45 minutes away, i called and they said theyd have time to do it and the only reason why i was 15 minutes late is because of the alarm and door locks that they installed locked me out and i had to break in to my OWN vehicle(i didnt have doorlocks with the truck, they installed em)
he tells me sorry for the inconvenience sir but they simply do not have the time
i told him i dont have time to for this **** to be **** up but i made it because i had to
he says sorry sir, let me go get my manager
manager tells me sorry sir, we cant help you today, im going to have to ask you to come back tomorrow
i ask him if theres no way they can do something today so i will at least not get locked out of my truck again, he tells me there is simply too much that can be wrong and they have to take out part of the dash to see and with the other vehicles they are working on they are not going to have the time today, but i will have priority first thing tomorrow morning
i told him what i thought about the way they do business and treat their customers and left
well i didnt even think about this til i got home, but theyre only open from 11-2 on saturdays, and i work from 11am-10pm saturday
so im SCREWED pretty much, unless i can get someone to take it for me
i am not happy about this at all
but theres not a lot i can do about it
oo well, **** happens, life goes on
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    duuude... your truck is possessed.. i'd get a priest to perform an exercersism (sp) on that thing. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    well. they should reimburse you for the gas i think. see if they will.

hope you get it worked out. i'd hate to see you go all Dukes of Hazard on us. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by danger boy
    duuude... your truck is possessed..
    my thoughts exactly, maybe thats why i keep blowing subs...lol
    im just hoping i can get someone to take it in tomorrow
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    or take it in early and make them give you a ride to work and have a coworker get you back at the end of the day?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2004
    damn man your bad luck never stops. I'm starting to think you need to live in a bubble where bad **** can't happen to you.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2004
    LoL thats crazy, but even crazier that you typed that long @ss story..hehe
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    where's PolkThug on this one? i wonder what he'd (she'd? i dunno) say on the situation...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    I just have one question....what does FAHQ mean?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    fahq...f*ck, same thing, just sound it out
    i think the bubble idea might be a good one, im having one crappy month, or two...lol
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Oh, ok! I was trying to figure out what it stood for like it was F.A.H.Q. Like Federal Ass Hole Quarantine or something! LOL
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Oh, ok! I was trying to figure out what it stood for like it was F.A.H.Q. Like Federal Ass Hole Quarantine or something! LOL
    coincidence he likes JL?...i think not:)
    -Cody
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    fahq...f*ck, same thing, just sound it out
    i think the bubble idea might be a good one, im having one crappy month, or two...lol
    -Cody
    bubble idea is a good one! I live in one, well not really but this town is as close as it gets, and I usually have 0 probs... besides ripping my hair out, but that's hand in hand w/ boredom.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    you remember that bubble boy movie from a couple years ago? a real bubble boy went on tv all outraged and stuff, it got kinda nasty for a while...

no real point there, just trying to artificially inflate my post numbers :D ::cough cough:: cody ::cough cough::

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    am i sensing some jealousy?
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    only a little... somehow, you switched to 'exalted' after i signed up, and yet you're about 200 posts ahead of me... :(

no, i really don't care, it was just a reference to a comment you made a while back... it was supposed to be funny :D

man, i feel like thomas here...

uh oh, spaghettios! and a steeled car, to boot!

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2004
    Now wait a min.....here!

"I feel like Thomas here" wtf is that supposed to mean. If you'd only be so lucky!!@!! :)

damn cody... Must be sumptin in the air...I'm havin issues with my alarm..but think i just need to replace the driver door lick switch. :p
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Dang, are they doing that quarantine again!? I *hate* that! Gets kinda uncomfortable after about 3 days...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    no, i really don't care, it was just a reference to a comment you made a while back... it was supposed to be funny :D
    lol, i remember, i was just making another...lol
    truthfully, i have no idea how i got ahead of you, one day i got on and i was like how the hell do i have 240 posts...ive only had this name for like a month...lol
    and now im over 1000...
    i wasnt able to get the truck over there today, so it will wait to monday when i can get someone
    at least i dont have to 'Dukes of Hazard' it to get in the truck anymore...
    if it wasnt for my CB antenna, extended cab window, manual windows, and the sub box being in place of where the jack should have been(or else it wouldntve been in the tool box) i never wouldve gotten into it, and a lock smith wouldntve been able to get into it because i couldnt even open the damn thing once i was INSIDE the truck
    i might have had to break a window or something...yikes, or try to get the hood to open to disconnect the battery...
    then i wouldve been really mad and i wouldve gotten my money for the locksmith from Custom Audio if i had to sue them to get it...
    the alarm started working again when i was breaking into it, the alarm itself will activate and deactivate, so thats good, its just that the clicker doesnt open the doors
    -Cody
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited June 2004
    Exalted,

I know it sounds weird but I had the very same type of doorlock problem on a GM car of mine that was intermittent for a couple of years. It was caused my the antenna being used as ground for the cassette deck and had slipped out of contact and the lack of ground was the disconnect that caused the doors to lock and unlock. The transmission on this car was tied into the doorlocks and would lock each time you put into drive, but went haywire when it lost ground through the antenna.

Safety features are nice when they work, but it took forever to find since it would only do it every month or so and you could stop it by pounding on the dash.

You may look into this type of wiring problem for your issue.

DG
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited June 2004
    Woohoo. Now I know how to break into your truck :D Bwahaha.

(I'm surprised no one has made this joke yet. And yes, I'm kidding.)

But yeah, Dennis' suggestion sounds pretty... umm...right.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    coincidence he likes JL?...i think not:)
    -Cody

ROFLMAO!!! :D LOL!!

Dude youre killing me!

Youre the only person I know that can take a swipe at somebody and it crack them up rather than piss them off! Now if we could only teach Jstas this trick!!! ;)

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    thanks dennis but im just going to take it back to the shop
    the alarm isnt very good...its a cheapo tint and alarm deal
    it works ok though...when it is actually working
    macleod, in my few years of posting on forums ive learned the trick to not pissing people off is all in the smiley faces...
    it may sound dumb but people get pissed when other ppl tell them **** and dont have a smiley face
    :) <~~~that little guy right there prevents fights in threads worldwide and of course im just kidding anyway...i still hate JL, but to each his own
    this is my forum tip for the day
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    oo, and by the way, i just wanted to let you know you kind of just dissed yourself in the last post
    why?
    because you accuse me of taking a swipe at you just because i said you like JL...so is liking JL now a diss?
    dude...you so like JL...:D
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Ah, dont sell yourself short. It takes a real talent to be a smartass and be funny enough to crack the intended victim up rather than have him crack you in the jaw! oh, and jl rules! :p

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2004
    i'm king of the smart asses, when i worked at pizza hut i would have everybody in the kitchen rolling as i verbally ripped up other coworkers, the all knew i was just playin around so they were laughing just as hard as the rest of them, russel was my fav to crack on, he's a cool guy though and we still hang out...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.