Thelonious Monk Complete Riverside Recordings 15 CD box set

Options
pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,168
edited January 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Another great jazz box set for sale:

Thelonious Monk: Complete Riverside Recordings (15 CD).
15 CDs in 4 fat jewel cases housed in a large 12x12 box with large booklet.

Everything is like new - box, jewel cases, CDs, booklet.

This is a duplicate I have. Some of Monk's best work gathered together in one box. Monk, Miles, and Coltrane are the Holy Trinity of modern jazz for me and this box set is my favorite of all the Monk material I have in my collection. It is a superb box set and belongs in any serious jazz collection. It has long been out-of-print and is getting scarcer to find (and prices on the used market have been rising).

Pics available upon request.

$187 (U.S. Postal media mail shipping is $10 extra). I will pack it well and insure it for full value.

Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

Comments

• pglbook
    Options
    Price is $185 (plus $10 media mail shipping w/postal insurance).

I just noticed that I erroneoulsy put price as $187 in original post. I meant price to be $185, plus shipping.
  • pglbook
    Options
    I will keep this exclusively for sale on here for the next 5 days and then will also post it for sale on a jazz forum I am a member of if there is no interest on here by February 6. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Price reduced to $180 (plus $10 media mail shipping insured).

15 CDs of great Monk music for $180 = just $12 per CD.

Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Options
    Special offer and lowest price I can do on this set: $175 (plus $10 media mail shipping).

I will list it elsewhere (at a higher price) starting Saturday, February 6, if there is no interest on here by that time. But I'd love for this great box set to go to a Polkie.

Thanks again.
  • pglbook
    Options
    I also listed this today on a jazz forum I am a member of and don't think it will last too long for sale on there so please let me know if anyone on here has interest. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Still available.

Mint condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases).
    $175 + $10 media mail shipping insured. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

I'd also be interested in a trade or partial trade for any of the following box sets that I am looking for (all should be in Mint or Near Mint condition).

John Coltrane: The Impulse! Albums, Volume 3 (5 CD)

Mosaic Larry Young: The Complete Blue Note Recordings (6 CD)

Mosaic Woody Shaw: The Complete Muse Sessions (7 CD)

Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Options
    Price reduced to $170 (plus $10 media mail insured).

Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

Thanks.
  • chaplir
    Options
    Can I get some pics of the set please.
  • pglbook
    Options
    chaplir wrote: »
    Can I get some pics of the set please.

PM sent

• pglbook
    Options
    Item still available for sale.

I forgot to mention in my op (as I always do on my for sale items but unwittingly failed to do this time) that the offer is only available to Polk Forum members with over 100 posts.

Thanks again.
  • pglbook
    Options
    Still available.

I am surprised this has not sold yet as it is a great box set that has been out of print for some time and is now scarce. I also tried to price it a good amount below the few copies that are listed on ebay and other secondary markets.

Thanks.
  • chaplir
    chaplir Posts: 4
    Options
    It would have sold if you did not discriminate against members who do not spend all of their time posting on this board !

I could have enjoyed it just as well as any other member.

Just saying.....
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    It would have sold if you did not discriminate against members who do not spend all of their time posting on this board !

Just saying.....

Would you sell something to a stranger for the same price that you would sell to family? Most wouldn't, and that's kind of the way CP operates...as a family. Highly dysfunctional, but family nonetheless.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pglbook
    edited March 2021
    Options

Just saying.....

You have been a forum member for almost 9 years (since June 2012) and have 4 posts in all of that time, including the 2 posts in this for sale thread.

As I mentioned to you in a pm, the reason for limiting the offer to members with 100+ posts is because I want to sell to long-established members who have contributed to the success of this forum and whom I regard as friends. As psovlsk correctly pointed out, the Polk Forum is a family.

This forum is about commitment and I view (as do most forum members) buying and selling on the forum as a right to be earned.

You should stick around and join in the conversations and get to know the forum and the people on it. There are great people on here, who have vast audio (and other) knowledge. I have progressed far on my audio journey thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    pglbook wrote: »

Just saying.....

You should stick around and join in the conversations and get to know the forum and the people on it. There are great people on here, who have vast audio (and other) knowledge. I have progressed far on my audio journey thanks to the wonderful folks on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Flr-hQHcY

• pglbook
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy Daylight Savings Day bump!

Still available.

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box and booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

$170 + $10 media mail shipping insured. Payment by pay pal friends/family.
  • pglbook
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Price reduced to $160 (plus $10 media mail insured).

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box, booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

Thanks.
    Post edited by pglbook on
  • pglbook
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Happy Easter, Polkies!

Easter Special: Price reduced to $155 (plus $10 media mail shipping w/postal insurance).

All is in Mint, like new, condition (large 12 x 12 box, booklet, CDs, jewel cases).

• pglbook
    Options
    The Thelonious Monk box set is now SOLD.