Replacing CS350-LS

Options
I have a CS350-LS center and while I love this speaker, it is huge and heavy. I am looking for something equivalent or better that is smaller and lighter. Any recommendations?

Answers

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    What are your other speakers?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    I have a CS350-LS center and while I love this speaker, it is huge and heavy. I am looking for something equivalent or better that is smaller and lighter. Any recommendations?

What ken said, and while you certainly can get good sounding compact center speakers, generally speaking the bigger and heavier the better.

Besides current speakers, what’s ur budget?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    If by chance you decide on a CSIA4, I have one in a box that is looking for a new home.
  • maverick923
    maverick923 Posts: 3
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have a bunch of mix and match. I have a pair of Polk OWM3 as my atmos and soon to be my rear, and new SP-BS22A-LR as my fronts and soon to be my atmos. I also have a klipsch synergy down firing sub.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Sounds like you have a hodge podge in progress. You need to timbre match at least your front 3, Atmos and surrounds not so much.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    I have a bunch of mix and match. I have a pair of Polk OWM3 as my atmos and soon to be my rear, and new SP-BS22A-LR as my fronts and soon to be my atmos. I also have a klipsch synergy down firing sub.

What are you’re mains?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • maverick923
    maverick923 Posts: 3
    edited January 2021
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What are you’re mains?
    The SP-BS22A-LR's and CS350-LS are my fronts.
    The SP-BS22A-LR's are atmos enabled.
    Sounds like you have a hodge podge in progress. You need to timbre match at least your front 3, Atmos and surrounds not so much.

In this case I believe the SP-C22 would be the matching center. I think the Polk audio speaker is a better speaker than that one. I only went with the SP-BS22A-LR's because they were Atmos enabled. My CS350-LS I got a long time ago from a friend. I am not sure what speakers would match with it.

It's huge heavy and powerful. The SP-C22 seems like a downgrade. It does look smaller and lighter.

Maybe it's not that big a deal if they are not that powerful since I never listen to my system at full blast.

Not sure about my next move at this point.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What are you’re mains?
    The SP-BS22A-LR's and CS350-LS are my fronts.
    The SP-BS22A-LR's are atmos enabled.

In this case I believe the SP-C22 would be the matching center. I think the Polk audio speaker is a better speaker than that one. I only went with the SP-BS22A-LR's because they were Atmos enabled. My CS350-LS I got a long time ago from a friend. I am not sure what speakers would match with it.

It's huge heavy and powerful. The SP-C22 seems like a downgrade. It does look smaller and lighter.

Maybe it's not that big a deal if they are not that powerful since I never listen to my system at full blast.

Not sure about my next move at this point.

If you want some used but kick a$$ mains to match that nice center, get either the LS50 70 or 90 or if you want bookies the rt55i or rr35i would also be a pretty good match. Any of those would make an awesome front three!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1