Which Speaker, RTI-A5 or S55?

Options
I just purchased a set of RTI-A5's and S55's for my front speakers. I am looking for the best sounding as I am upgrading from RTI-A3's. The rest of my equipment consists of a CSI-A4 center, 2 PSW111 subs, and a Denon AVR-X4500H. I am at about 75% movies/television and 25% music.

I have both sets of speakers taking up room in their respective boxes to the displeasure of my spouse. Any assistance is appreciated.
xn69l29xedfb.jpg

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Well since its 75% Movies those RTIA5's will complement that CSIA4 center channel for a seamless front.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • angelsfanatic
    angelsfanatic Posts: 5
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you for your comment/suggestion. That was another one of my concerns, matching it to the center speaker. I know the RTI series and CSI are voice matched.

How is the RTI-A5 with music? Will I be disappointed? The RTI-A3'S I have sounded okay with streaming music, mp3's, and CD's. I just seem to be missing something while playing vinyl and I don't quite know what it is. Maybe I need an analog stereo receiver to really get the most from my vinyl?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    I have RTIA9's a CSIA6 Center dual PSW 111s up front A5's and A3's as sides and rears, and couldn't be happier with them for HT. For Music I prefer to listen to a 2 channel system over the HT rig as the RTIA's are best being used in a HT set up, they do however do a pretty good job with concert Blu Rays in surround.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • angelsfanatic
    Options
    Nice. I am thinking about using the A3's as my rears now since I am only in a 3.1 setup right now. The wife probably won't want the speakers sitting behind the couch so maybe I'll just use them as front height speakers. Eventually I will put speakers in the ceiling for the surrounds.

Thank you for your input and assistance. I might keep both sets and use the S55 speakers for music in my den.
  • JayDog
    JayDog Posts: 266
    Options
    I might keep both sets and use the S55 speakers for music in my den.

Excellent Answer! Spoken like a true audiophile.. :D
  • angelsfanatic
    Options
    Thanks JayDog. My only problem now is getting my wife's okay. She wants me to take one of sets back. I currently have an old set of KLH speakers in the den.
    They are hooked up to a JVC RX-709V that is still going strong.
  • angelsfanatic
    Options
    Thank for all of the assistance. I got the A5's set up and they sound good. They are a little bright with some music, but I hope they just need to be broken in.

I ended up setting the crossover at 60hz and small. I may end up going back to 80hz only because the subs are not doing much except for the very lowest of frequencies.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Thank for all of the assistance. I got the A5's set up and they sound good. They are a little bright with some music, but I hope they just need to be broken in.

I ended up setting the crossover at 60hz and small. I may end up going back to 80hz only because the subs are not doing much except for the very lowest of frequencies.

The brightness won’t change much with break in. They are inherently bright speakers, designed for extra sparkle and shimmer on movie soundtracks...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Coralinus
    Options
    You got em both, hook them up and give a listen. Let your ears do the deciding.