For Sale: Liberty Audio B2B 100 Amplifier (Excel Cond)

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
edited January 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This has been my 2 channel amp for a little over 6 years and is still like brand new. (I keep all my things this way) Lived in my bedroom so it doesn't have a ton of hours on it as again it lived in my bedroom. I can say it is a beautiful sounding amp and will not disappoint. I think it weighs in at little more than 50 lbs . My home is Smoke Free and it really does show as brand new! Must be a member here for at least 1 year and have at least 100 posts. Here's a link to a review of this baby and it's good reading for sure.

$1500.00 shipped USA only.

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue70/liberty_audio.htm

Will take pics this weekend but looking at pics online are what you will get. Not a scratch ding anywhere. Thanks and I accept paypal, check, money order and as always, Cash is King!
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• tophatjohnny
    Anyone??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Nice piece Johnny, but too rich for my blood. GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Move that decimal a few spaces to the left and maybe lol....

My audio river has runeth dry hehehe
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I've been told by several reputable people that the Toshiba output transistors used in this amp are considered top shelf for their reliability, high current capability and sonic accuracy. If I wasn't broke right now this thing would be sold.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I've been told by several reputable people that the Toshiba output transistors used in this amp are considered top shelf for their reliability, high current capability and sonic accuracy. If I wasn't broke right now this thing would be sold.
    Broke is not broken! You can own this baby if you make it a plan! I don’t live in rush mode so put a plan together and happy to work with ya!
  • tophatjohnny
    $1400.00 and expect this to be like brand new! Nothing in this offering amount can compete ! vuf5uysvptfl.jpeg
    mgiu6podl7eg.jpeg
    olnzoh50w0vv.jpeg
    jwshww9bs1i0.jpeg
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I can't find detailed specs on this amp. Do you have any documentation showing it is 2 ohm stable?

Thanks man!
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2021
    I'm sure if you contacted the manufacturer regarding this they would clarify but just the fact that they give 4 ohm ratings bridged tells me these will handle 2 ohms fine in stereo mode. These are REALLY nice amps! Are you considering this for a bi-amp of the Infinities?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited April 2021
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I'm sure if you contacted the manufacturer regarding this they would clarify but just the fact that they give 4 ohm ratings bridged tells me these will handle 2 ohms fine in stereo mode. These are REALLY nice amps! Are you considering this for a bi-amp of the Infinities?

For the infinities... yes. Bi amp.... no. While considerably less power than the Hafler XL600 i have now.... I'm guessing this would be a better sounding amp. ???????

Thanks man!
  • audioluvr
    edited April 2021
    check your PM's
    Possibly better sounding though the Hafler would probably have more volume capability. I'm just not a huge Hafler fan for broad spectrum happiness... They have their good points though.

Edit: I may be biased but I think a really good amp should sound just as good at low volumes as they do cranked. I listen a lot at lower volumes until I'm alone...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• tophatjohnny
    CH46E wrote: »
    I can't find detailed specs on this amp. Do you have any documentation showing it is 2 ohm stable?

Thanks man!

https://libertyaudio.com/service/b2b-100-all-mos-fet-stereo-power-amplifier/

The amp is one amazing beast, sounding much nicer than all I had before it which included most of the brands you hear about on the forum. I moved up to a whole new level with my 2 channel listening but trust this amp is not far behind my new one. I think whoever gets this baby in their set up will be thrilled.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Johnny is a great guy to do business with. I have heard this amp sounds superb. Whoever ends up with this will not be disappointed.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    This amp has a pedigree if you look at who built it, parts used, and even the case is thicker than most. Plus I here the seller will throw in a box of snickers bars to the lucky new owner.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Very tempting! I read one review where the guy's reference amp was a MCormack DNA 0.5. Makes me want to sell one of my DNAs for this amp!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tophatjohnny
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Johnny is a great guy to do business with. I have heard this amp sounds superb. Whoever ends up with this will not be disappointed.
    Jeff thank you and yes you heard the liberty running it’s juice to the Auralic Vega G2 and making my Usher towers just dance! Owning those towers was what made me want your Ushers and so thankful you made that happen for me!
    tonyb wrote: »
    This amp has a pedigree if you look at who built it, parts used, and even the case is thicker than most. Plus I here the seller will throw in a box of snickers bars to the lucky new owner.

Thanks Tony and yes this amp comes from
    Good stock! And yes I have plenty of Snickers to add to the sweetness this amp will bring to whatever system it lands in ! I’m anxious to hear impressions from the new owner so hoping it sells here before anywhere else !
  • tophatjohnny
    $1375
  • tonyb
    I think you need to up those snickers bars to Reeses Peanut butter cups. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    1300 to members that have been here at least 1year ! Plus a box of your favorite candy bars 😊
  • tophatjohnny
    Ok gents ! Notta sniff of a deal this sweet in our postings in a mighty long time so to make it just a little sweeter I’m throwing in 2 boxes of your favorite candy bars ! This amp is stunning If you need a payment plan option and I know you’ve been here a while just ask ! This amp is like new and will make deaf ears 😭 👂 😂 cry! From a smoke free drug free and covid free home !!!! 😉
  • tonyb
    This hasn't sold yet ? Gents, this is a fantastic deal on a well built quality amp. Good seller too, so what if he puts ketchup on a hotdog. You won't regret buying this amp, do it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    1250 and I’m shipping ! Thing is like new folks!
  • tophatjohnny
    Still available but sorry not to newbies unless you have a well established member here message me for you and even then I will only do business with that member and you deal with him or her! It’s only right and this amp just puts any amp for sale here under 2000 bucks to shame ! Promise it does and will! Payment plan can work if I know ya! Just ask! 1250 shipped
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2021
    Any... umm... topless photos of this rascal?
    (asking for a friend)

hubba-hubba.

oops, there is one on the mfgr's link.

7acwthkqky7x.png
  • tophatjohnny
    It’s definitely a beautiful sounding amp just sitting in the box !
  • 1200.00 shipped.
  • 1200.00 shipped.

Hey Johnny,

Let's do it! I'm looking for a new quality musical amp & this one seems like it will fill the bill nicely. I'll shoot you a pm with my info. I think this puppy will play nice with my KEF R3's!

By the way what amp replaced the B2B 100?
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Sold!