Polks Cameo in HiFi Demo

Options
sponger
sponger Posts: 325
edited January 2021 in Speakers
At first I thought it's a case of different price points in this retailer's inventory. But as far as I could tell every other item on the floor is not something you'd find at a Best Buy next to the Klipsch RF demo. Those Sigs I guess don't "look" out of place being as that their aesthetics especially in that color are rather refined. I think I see T series in the back. Other than that I think that's it for the attainable speaker category. Just not sure exactly how to interpret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-iQOj8lQtc
Denon X7200WA
LSiM 705 703 704c
Denon DP 400
Yamaha CDC 775

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    You know, I see these review and test videos and I'm pretty often amazed at the sound from them. I think, man it'd be nice to have that kinda scratch to duplicate that.

But then I sit there and I'm like, ummmm....wait. I'm listening to this super high dollar system play in a room over my headphones and my headphones are showing how that equipment shines.

So, it's a conundrum to wrap your head around that if the video is playing so well over the headphones, are the headphones as good as the system in the video? Or are the headphones better? Or does it sound significantly different in person?

That said, that dude who makes those videos from the stereo store really likes his bass boosted to unnatural levels. Kinda muddles the sound when it gets a bit boomy. In some of his videos it even distorts the microphone. He should maybe dial it back a bit.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!