Polk Monitor 10 - Speaker Issues

Options
Hello,

I have a pair of Polk series 1 monitor 10's. My son knocked into one of them an now the 6.5' mids do not work anymore....not working at all. It seems that the magnet has seized to the coil and is not moving at all. From everyone that I have talked to, it is not repairable. Does anyone have replacement parts? 2 mids and drivers?

Thank you,

Answers

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    adejanovic wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a pair of Polk series 1 monitor 10's. My son knocked into one of them an now the 6.5' mids do not work anymore....not working at all. It seems that the magnet has seized to the coil and is not moving at all. From everyone that I have talked to, it is not repairable. Does anyone have replacement parts? 2 mids and drivers?

Thank you,

They are repairable. If you search here you'll find the info.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    I think member @lawdogg was repairing them. He did a thread or two on his methods/progress.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 450
    Options
    If there wasn't any damage to the voice coil when that happened, they are repairable.

What happened is that the impact knocked the glue loose. Again assuming the voice coil is OK, you'll be able to repair them yourselves with some PVC pipe, some wood screws, some epoxy and some patience.

I don't have a detailed BOM but it's basically just 4" (I think 4" - confirm your magnet diameter before buying) PVC a worm clamp and some screws. I'd direct you to my post in this thread:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188108/stuck-voice-coil-magnet-shift/p1
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)