two rare Mosaic jazz box sets for sale: Armstrong and Mingus

Options
pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,173
edited January 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am offering for sale the folowing two rare Mosaic box sets:

Charles Mingus: The Jazz Workshop Concerts 1964-65. 7 CDs. $180

Louis Armstrong: Columbia and RCA Victor Live Recordings of Louis Armstrong and the All Stars. 9 CDs. $195

Each box set is a numbered limited edition.

Each box set is in mint, like new condition. Everything (box, booklet, CDs, jewel cases) is in great shape.

These sets have been out-of-print for a long time and do not come up for sale very often and, when they do, they sell for big money. For example, the Louis Armstrong set sold on eBay a few weeks ago for approx. $250 total (i.e., when shipping and sales tax are included to the $218 closing bid).

I collect the large Mosaic box sets as well as the smaller Mosaic Select box sets and these are duplicates I acquired. Mosaic box sets are quality through and through.

I can send pics by e-mail; just send me your e-mail address in a pm and I will e-mail pics.

Payment by pay pal friends/family. Media mail shipping is $10 extra (which includes postal insurance). I will pack each box set carefully (wrapped in bubble wrap) and mail each box set in its original Mosaic shipping box.

Thanks.

Comments

• pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    One-time price reduction:

Mingus set: $175

Armstrong set: $190

Media mail shipping $10 extra. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

I will keep these listed for sale here exclusively until Monday (1/11/21) and will then also list them on a jazz forum I am on, as well as one or two other sites, if there is no interest on here by Monday.

Thanks.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Ill take Mingus
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Now I am considering both....PM me the Paypal info please and a few pics. Definitely in on Mingus!
  • pglbook
    Options
    Thanks, kevhed72.

The Mingus is yours.

PM sent.
  • pglbook
    Options
    The Mingus set is now SOLD. Thanks, kevhed.

And kevhed has first option on the Armstrong set.
  • pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I forgot to mention in my original post that all of the CDs/jewel cases, with the exception of the CD 5 jewel case, are still sealed on the Mingus set.

Also, 2 of 3 of the fat jewel cases of the Armstrong set are still sealed (the jewel case containing CDs 4-6 and the jewel case containing CDs 7-9).

Again, the Mingus set is now sold.

And kevhed has first option on the Armstrong set.
  • pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The Mosaic Louis Armstrong box set is once again available for sale.

Louis Armstrong: Columbia and RCA Victor Live Recordings of Louis Armstrong and the All Stars. 9 CDs.

Like New condition. 2 of 3 of the fat jewel cases are still sealed (the jewel case containing CDs 4-6 and the jewel case containing CDs 7-9).

$190 (+ $10 media mail shipping with postal insurance).

Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

• pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I can do $185 on the following Mosaic Louis Armstrong box set. Media mail shipping (with postal insurance) is $10 extra.

That is the best I can do and it would be tough to find it at a lower price. It is a rare one to find and does not appear for sale too often. It has long been out of print and is one of the scarcest of the Mosaic large box sets to find.

Louis Armstrong: Columbia and RCA Victor Live Recordings of Louis Armstrong and the All Stars. 9 CDs.

Like New condition. 2 of 3 of the fat jewel cases are still sealed (the jewel case containing CDs 4-6 and the jewel case containing CDs 7-9 are still sealed).

Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Thanks.

• pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I will leave the Mosaic Louis Armstrong 9 CD box set for sale exclusively on here for a few more days (the Mingus set has sold) and will then list it on a few other sites if there is no interest by that time.

Thanks again.
  • pglbook
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The Mosaic Louis Armstrong 9 CD box set is still available.

Like New condition. 2 of 3 of the fat jewel cases are still sealed (the jewel case containing CDs 4-6 and the jewel case containing CDs 7-9 are still sealed).

$185 (media mail shipping w/insurance is $10 extra). Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Pics available upon request (send me your e-mail address via pm and I will e-mail photos)

Thanks.
  • pglbook
    Options
    The Mosaic Louis Armstrong box set is now SOLD.

It sold on a jazz forum I am on.

Thanks.