4 channel amp?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a pair of Polk Dx3065 components in the front and a pair of Db525 in the rear. Now I'm running a US Acoustic 85x4 amp and am looking to upgrade to something better. I was thinking about the Polk C400.4 or the JL Audio 300/4. Would a Memphis or Hifonics amp sound as good as those two?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    All 4 of those are superb amps and will perform great. The differences will be in the features and such. Im not real familiar with all the gadgets the other have but know a little bit on the 300/4.

First, its totally regulated so you get 75x4 at everything from 11-14 volts and 1-4 ohms.

Second, they have a great crossover. Both front and back have continually adjustable x-overs from 50-5500 Hz. The Polk has this also I believe.

Third, low distortion and very high signal to noise. Carsound reviewed one of these and it put out a 121 db SNR. Thats pretty awesome!

Bottom line: You wont go wrong with any of these so it boils down to which looks the coolest, has the features you want and so on. I myself would take the JL 300/4 in a heartbeat.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    get the Polk
    next in like would be Hifonics
    then memphis
    then sony
    then bose
    then legacy
    then urbran
    then pyle
    then JL
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    get the Polk
    next in like would be Hifonics
    then JL
    then memphis
    then bose
    then sony
    then legacy
    then urban
    then pyle

-Cody
    (rearranged a tad to remove Cody's strong, unusual, and abnormal bias against JL) This'll probably reflect the forum's general consensus a bit better :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    hehe... while amusing, it's also true, which makes it even funnier :D
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    Yes, apparantly the majority of the car audio community have all been brainwashed and Cody is the only one to see thru the charade that although heralded thruout the world by enthusiasts, competitors, and magazine reviewers, JL Audio is "Bose but worse"! But we love him anyway!! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Yes, apparantly the majority of the car audio community have all been brainwashed and Cody is the only one to see thru the charade that although heralded thruout the world by enthusiasts, competitors, and magazine reviewers, JL Audio "Bose but worse"! But we love him anyway!! :D
    finally, someone has crossed over...
    its kind of like the matrix, you finally took the blue pill didnt you?:)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it