Badge removal?

Options
Planning on removing the vinyl on my 4's and adding real wood veneer. However, I don't want to break the badge... How to remove it without breaking it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ke7qcbac10iv.jpg
M7's 1982 Peerless tweeters
M5's X2 (1981 Peerless tweeters, 1988 with upgraded tweeters)
M4's X2 both with Peerless tweeters
M5Jr with SL1500 (in the garage, they sound great)
M4.6 series2 X2 with upgraded tweeters
SDA 2 with upgraded tweeters

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I've never removed one attached like yours, but logic dictates Polk either used double sided tape or glue. I would try slipping a single edge razor under a long edge to see where that gets you. If you break one or both they pop up on eBay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• wispolkboy
    Options
    Always thanks for your quick responses....
    Definitely not double sided tape... It rotates... From a center point. Just wondering if there is a brab on the back of it. I will have to pop it off at some point...
    M7's 1982 Peerless tweeters
    M5's X2 (1981 Peerless tweeters, 1988 with upgraded tweeters)
    M4's X2 both with Peerless tweeters
    M5Jr with SL1500 (in the garage, they sound great)
    M4.6 series2 X2 with upgraded tweeters
    SDA 2 with upgraded tweeters
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Ok, in that case it will have a pin like the ones mounted through the grill cloth, which are secured with a push on spring metal clip. Take a look inside to see if there is access to the pin/clip.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk