Any pinball fans?

2»

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    If anyone has a line on a Space Invaders machine in the NY/metro area, drop me a PM.
    Either that or Gorgar, I've really wanted one of those since 1982... B)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    muncybob wrote: »
    I know where the next Polk Fest ought to be! :)

Except to date the only Polk item I have is the sub connected to the pinball machine. But it’s working very well for this.

The Led Zeppelin pinball is really cool. I have been fascinated by the rock & roll themed machines for the last couple of years. I was close to buying a Iron Maiden Premium last year when I heard about the LZ and decided to wait. I’m glad I waited because the LZ fits more of my taste. But if they announce a Pink Floyd I will be the first in line to order a limited edition.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    polrbehr wrote: »
    If anyone has a line on a Space Invaders machine in the NY/metro area, drop me a PM.
    Either that or Gorgar, I've really wanted one of those since 1982... B)

Only one I know of for sale is in Florida.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109261

Gorgar was my favorite machine to play, the heart beat sound it made was the best.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    2nd one in TN.

https://chattanoogapinball.com/product/williams-gorgar-pinball-machine/

Bottom of the page says free shipping continental USA, I don't believe that.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2021
    We're getting closer....LOL

The Drydock ( a pub in the shopping center where I worked as a ute) had a Gorgar machine. My friend and I fed that thing so many quarters I probably could have bought it back then.

A quick check of CList found this one in Kingston NY https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tag/d/kingston-gorgar-pinball/7263420974.html
    but it's just a bit too far for my liking. Especially with all this G*&$amn snow we have. :rage:
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Congrats on the ZEP machine, it sure is sweet and who doesn't like a game of pinball
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Looks like Stern just brought out the "Rush" pinball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pbdRzeQSc
  • tratliff
    edited January 2022
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Looks like Stern just brought out the "Rush" pinball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pbdRzeQSc

I have also been wishing a Rush pinball would be produced. I got on the waiting list a couple of months ago but decided to let this one pass me by. Based on what I have seen I am not very impressed with the art work and the price once again has be increased. I was imagining a more 2112 themed machine.

@txcoastal1 - Whats your thoughts on the Rush? You getting one?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited January 2022
    With the recent purchase of Godzilla, and awaiting Halloween pinball machine I too had to pass.

If I decide to re-visit Rush, it would be for the pro. The pro seems to be fairly loaded and fast.

There should be some cool after market translites and art blades made, or just add mirrored art blades for the pop.

Keep on eye out for Dead Flips stream playing for Rush. He'll likely have the designer on with him going through the game...Jack works for Stern and always does streams on Twitch which will later be on youtube (next day)

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/schedule
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    @tratliff ...check this out. I've yet to break a billion. These guys have insane ball control. At 39min crazy how long he keeps multiball going.

https://youtu.be/jFRq1N5Lo0g?t=2368
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• tratliff
    @txcoastal1 Thats is crazy. Wish I could do that. My wife is much better at it than I am. But she plays more. She has not cracked a billion but has hit 850 million.
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Looks like a fun machine. Whenever I play a pinball game I make it the number one priority to keep going after the "Shoot Again". It's the best way to keep the game alive and score big.
  • txcoastal1
    edited January 2022
    Rush Stream with Jack Danger and Ray Day...this should be on Youtube tomorrow under Dead Flip

Ray-Day a pro running the machine...he also works for Stern

Ray-Day on Led Zepplin...good watch to learn the matrix rules...just don't let the wife watch it B)

https://youtu.be/HZ3q8QELbJg

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    tratliff wrote: »
    Any of you guys pinball fans? I have been watching and playing them over the past few years. Have really wanted to purchase one of the Rock & Roll themed machines. I was close on the Iron Maiden machine but put it on hold when I heard about this.

So, I have pre-ordered one of the Led Zeppelin Limited Editions. Should be really cool.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LZ-Game-Edition-LE-aefadf-652x1024.webp

So now after a few years do you still enjoy playing it? I have the itch for the new Stern Godzilla machine, but the logical and boring part of my brain says I would get tired of it after a few weeks.
  • tratliff
    edited March 21
    I don’t play it as much as I use to. But with all the music stuff I have I still enjoy it being in the house.

I am planning an addition to my 2 channel room. If it works out I will have a perfect setup for it, my records, record cleaning stuff and Bourbon bar. I have the plans and looking for contractors. Once I get that it will really fit perfect. Then I plan to add an Iron Maiden pin.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I stopped playing after that deaf, dumb and blind kid beat me... He sure plays a mean pinball.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    This place is in Minneapolis,Mn.
    Just opened up about six months ago.
    65 pinball machines if my memory serves me?
    I have only been in there for work, installing fountain equipment.
    Peace. D

https://littpinballbar.com/
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • txcoastal1
    I have 4 machines now
    LZ
    Godzilla…the G.O.A.T.
    Hot Wheels
    Halloween
    Still enjoying them

• txcoastal1
    I don’t play it as much as I use to. But with all the music stuff I have I still enjoy it being in the house.

I am planning an addition to my 2 channel room. If it works out I will have a perfect setup for it, my records, record cleaning stuff and Bourbon bar. I have the plans and looking for contractors. Once I get that it will really fit perfect. Then I plan to add an Iron Maiden pin.

Iron Maiden is one I’d like to have

• tratliff
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Iron Maiden is one I’d like to have

Yeah. I really like the music related one. The Aerosmith and Metallica are also cool.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    hxbp5f1nkxuw.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”