Speakers

kyle_252
kyle_252 Posts: 47
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey
Whats up everyone, im trying to put in my new speakers into my front doors. Im having trouble tho b\c its a manual window and i cant figure out how to get the door cover off. Ive gotten the pannel to the point of comming off but i cant figure out how to get past the window crank. The car is a plymouth neon 1996, 4 door, expresso. Plz help me out my front left speaker is blown and the right is weird. I have factory stock and i really need to change it b\c its pissing me off. plz help me out.

The New Guy

Still looking for good set up, with dual subs and amp wire kit and stuff. i can make my own box but need to know the price and stuff of everything else.
Post edited by kyle_252 on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2004
    mines an auto, but i think there is a tool they make for taking them out. i think it just prys it off, but im not too sure
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    yeah, there's a tool, but i'm sure it can be done manually if you're careful and take your time.

if you're looking for dual subs with only 400 bucks, it's gonna be real tough to make that happen. realistically, you're gonna make it with one, but you'd need to step up the budget to get two.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2004
    Don't beg, it's pathetic. The door panels are an easy solution. Go to Pep Boys and go to the HELP! section or the tool section and grab a door panel/trim removal tool for like 5 bucks. Then you slide the notched end in behind the window cranks and pop the clip out of its slot. The pull the handle straight off of the crank. Then the door panel comes off without a hitch.

As far as your "dual setup" for the 400 dollars you mentioned in other posts, you aren't going to get to your goal easily. You need to do some research on your own and start looking around at the different stores and websites for prices. Don't expect the people here to do your homework for you.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    However, we WILL be happy to help you with whatever questions you might have. Find some things that fit in your budget and we'll help you with your decision and give you any advice you might need. Most of the people in here are VERY friendly and helpful.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    agreed, the vast majority of members here are willing to do some work for you. not all of it, granted, but some.

and where was the begging?? saying please is begging??
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by kyle_252
    ......Plz help me out ........i really need to change it b\c its pissing me off. plz help me out.

The New Guy
    Guessing it was this... bordering on begging i guess... ::Shrugs::
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    Your setup will depend on your budget. Everybody here has their favorite gear and it varies by price. Give us a dollar amount and we can give you more specifics.

You can get Focal components for $425 and JL or Orion amps for $400-500 or get Polk DB for $200 and Profile amps for $100-200.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2004
    every now and then you'll find something that's a realy good deal used, for instance I got 2 15" lanzar DC subs (old ones before the pyramid buyout when they still made good subs) and an infinity Kappa 202a amp as well as 2 caps (probably not entirely nesicary but oh well) all for 300 bucks from a guy i worked with, even let me pull the rca's and power wire from his car to use in mine. but for new stuff 400's gonna be kinda tough to pull
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.