parting out my modified sda 1's

Options
I have the gim boards with the sonic caps, and i have the upgraded tweeters. I also have great speaker covers and for local pick-up, the speaker boxes themselves. Taking best offer on the speakers. I also have ps audio power cable

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    You have to list a price for each item. NO best offers!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rebelsoul
    Options
    F1 Nut... I trust in your assessment. I have the gim boards for SDA 1's with the sonic caps in them and I have the upgraded SDA tweeters. Also, my grills for the speakers are probably 8 1/2 out of 10, and my cabinets are probably 7.8 out of 10. I dont know how much to ask for these items, and I trust your input.
    Thank you. Can you help me out with pricing please?
  • F1nut
    Options
    All I can suggest is to figure out what you have into a piece and what you are willing to take.

If you call the boards by their proper name, Gimpod, folks will know what you're talking about. Adding pics always helps with a sale. Be specific with brands/models.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Several versions of SDA1s. Which ones? Pics will help.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Are these 1C’s by any chance ?

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • gyosa
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Looks like 1C’s to me .....

What happened to the woofers ?

Might be interested in the crossovers ....
    Got any more info on them ?

Gracias
    Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    1C's. Are those bullet holes in the drivers and passive??? Those will all need replaced.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    No mad girlfriend
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    That's why I am parting them out . Getting new sdas
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I hope she's better than 8-1/2 out of 10 :D People will want to know where you're located. Good luck.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    No mad girlfriend

Time for her to go!
  • F1nut
    Options
    No mad girlfriend

Ouch!

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    No mad girlfriend

Just curious, but what did you do to warrant her doing that? Guess you're lucky she didn't stab you like she did those drivers.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    No mad girlfriend

Did you call her a different name during s ex? That does it every time!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    I am in cresthill il.
    And I'll take pics of crossovers tomorrow
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Can the pin blade 1C receive the TL Mod? I would collect all her shoes pile em up then burn em, just make sure you sleep with one eye open.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I am in cresthill il.

Your around 20 min from me.
    Hi neighbor!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    edited December 2020
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I am in cresthill il.

Your around 20 min from me.
    Hi neighbor!

Hmmmm I'm down the block a fair piece then....

Can the pin blade 1C receive the TL Mod?

I think @inspiredsports did it. I'm not sure it's sanctioned by polk.

• F1nut
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Can the pin blade 1C receive the TL Mod?

The high frequency circuit of the 1C is fairly elaborate and is not compatible with the standard TL mod. Stu and another engineer were asked by some of us if they could design a new circuit that would allow the use of the RD0198. They looked at each other and said, sure. However, they never did.

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    No mad girlfriend

:o:#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    Sold all 4 tweeters to fellow polk member bruce
  • gyosa
    Options
    How about some info or pics of the crossovers ?
    Price ?

Thanks

Bk

• rebelsoul
    Options
    I am sorry I'll post pics tomorrow $225 for pair I think is fair price ?
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Tweeters are working great. Thanks Joe
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Faustin wrote: »
    Tweeters are working great. Thanks Joe

IT WAS YOU !!! Vulture :p
    Very nice Bruce if it wasn't Xmas I too would have hit him up.
    :)
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Sorry Ivan. :D Needed a pair for a some 2b's I have to get rid of the SL2000's, and a friend of mine needed some to replace a blown pair in his Monitor 10's. I won't let him touch any of my stereo gear. He thinks that a person should be able to turn the volume up all the way. Big dummy.
  • kickngas
    Options
    Are any of the 6510, or 6511's without damage?
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 756
    Options
    Sorry all drivers and passive damaged posting pics of gimpod / sonic cap crossovers. For sale $200 will post in couple hours ,have to remove them .