Question on the SDA 1 C

Options
theebisonman
theebisonman Posts: 34
edited December 2020 in Vintage Speakers
Hope all is well tonight.

I have recently obtained a set of SDA 1 C crossovers and I am attempting to build the boxes. The seller has been more than helpful as he still has the original boxes. I was able to draw the boxes from his measurements, all which added up when I checked from different points.

My question has to do with dividers between the drivers. I asked him about this but I got no answer. I probably have worn out my welcome. Does the SDA 1 C have a divider between the drivers? I know my M-10s do and was wondering also if this is the norm for double driver speakers from this era?

I have attached my rendition of his measurements.

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,189
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ask @kabory He already cut his up. I believe he removed the front speaker baffle from the rest of the cabinet and if you're lucky he has kept the rest of the parts, or at the very least can describe the construction to you.

Last active 11/16. Send him a PM and perhaps he'll be notified by email.

There should be others here who can tell you how they are constructed internally and may even have photos. The internal bracing was beefed up in the Gen 4 SDA's according to the SDA manual.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • theebisonman
    Options
    Thanks again for your help. The divider is in my pair of SDA 2. Sorry for my ignorance. I will reach out to kabory. A length of the divider is about all I need.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    The 2 stereo drivers are on the same circuit and the 2 dimensional drivers are separate on the 1C
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • theebisonman
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    The 2 stereo drivers are on the same circuit and the 2 dimensional drivers are separate on the 1C

Thank you for the information