FS: Ortofon Super OM40 Cartridge

markmarc
markmarc Posts: 2,309
edited November 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Time to part with my terrific Super OM40 Cartridge by Ortofon. It has maybe 75 hours as I only played it on my now-sold Rega RP1 when vinyl nostalgia hit. New, when available they sell for $400+. Currently on eBay a used one with box is selling for $361, and a stylus alone is $200. Since I don't have the box I'm selling for just $215 shipped to all 50 states (Priority), and $225 to Canada.
6dnywv5o633y.jpg
a7sqgf378t8h.jpg
Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
Former Staff Member TONEAudio
2 Ch. System
Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I have the OM30 and it sounds great. GLWS.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Super-nice nude Fritz Gyger stylus on the Super OM40:
    8o4x6hb4bk7g.png
    I hate to give those tools at LP Gear any press, but need to leave it for credit on that pic. GLWTS
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • markmarc
    SOLD
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Congrats! I hope it works out well for all involved.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • I'm the new guy who bought the Super OM 40 from @markmarc . Fantastic transaction. Highly recommended! So glad to be a member and have my first interaction be so great!!!
  • jdjohn wrote: »
    Super-nice nude Fritz Gyger stylus on the Super OM40:
    8o4x6hb4bk7g.png
    I hate to give those tools at LP Gear any press, but need to leave it for credit on that pic. GLWTS

I seem to remember that the 80's, early 90's edition came with a Van Den Hul tip, am I right?
  • markmarc
    Too long ago for me to remember.
    2 Ch. System