a few lps for sale

Options
pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,174
edited November 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am thinning my vinyl collection once again and have the following lps for sale.
Grading is noted by: vinyl/cover. All albums are in great condition and play fine. I have listed any slight defects in the description.

I have tried to make the prices lower than any prices (of items in comparable condition) found on discogs, eBay, etc.

Payment by pay pal friends/family.
Shipping by U.S. postal media mail shipping, packed well in a cardboard record mailer, is a flat $4 regardless of number of lps. Sorry, international shipping is not available.

I can only ship on Saturdays so, if ordered on a Sunday or Monday, for example, lps will not ship until the following Saturday or Sunday.

Offer only open to Polk Forum members with at least 100 posts.

Please note lps ordered in this thread so others can see what has been taken. Thanks.

Allman Brothers Band: Beginnings
(2lp, Capricorn, 1973, 1st pressing).
NM/NM (just the slightest of shelf wear to corners and edges of outer sleeve).
Collects the Allam Brothers' first 2 albums - The Allman Brothers Band & Idlewild South - in this nice 2lp set. $20

Allman Brothers Band: Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas
(2lp, Capricorn, 1976, 1st pressing).
NM/NM (tiny bump to lower left corner of rear cover and a small 1/4" horizontal cut-out to upper side edges of cover). $20

David Bowie: David Bowie (Space Oddity): 40th Anniversary Limited Edition
(Parlophone, 2009).
Mint/Mint. Not sealed but only played once and all is as new.
Includes large, 36" x 24," foldout reproduction poster. $26

Cheap Trick: Out to Get You! Live 1977
(2lp, Legacy, 2020). RSD 2020 Limited Edition.
Mint/Mint. Not sealed but only played once and all is as new. A great record (and I am not even a very big Cheap Trick fan but I liked this one a lot). $28

John Coltrane: Coltrane Jazz
(Atlantic Records recent 180 gram reissue)
Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $22

The Jam: Sound Effects (Polydor, 1980, 1st pressing).
NM/VG (front cover has an approx. 3" tear that has been taped over with clear tape to its upper left side). Still a nce copy and it plays fine. A great record and not too common to find. $20

Jethro Tull: Living in the Past
(2lp, Chrysalis, 1972, 1st pressing).
NM/NM. Includes a very nice and large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $21

Machito/Chico O'Farrill/Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie: Afro-Cuban Jazz
(2lp, Verve, 1977, 1st pressing)
NM/NM. A very cool record and another one that is not very common to find. $23

Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols
(Warner Bros, 2008, 180 gram reissue in the pink cover).
NM/NM (tiny bump to lower spine of the outer sleeve). $24

Neil Young: Roxy: Tonight's the Night Live
(2lp, Reprise, 2018). RSD 2018 Limited Edition. Includes a limited edition 8" x 10" b/w print of Neil Young and the Santa Monica Flyers only found in this edition.
NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $30

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I'd like this one please:
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    WTF? you don't even like jazz! RUDE.
  • msg
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yes I do, I'm just selective and secretive! And a beginner.
    I used to listen to Afropop Worldwide with Georges Collinet when it was on our local public radio station.

I changed my mind on the Coltrane. I need to learn more first.
    He plays a lot of that #$%* that's all over the place.
    I thought it would be relaxing, but it's not. It's making me anxious. Like almost so anxious I'd listen to those freaks, The Beatles, just to get away from it.
    Sorry Peter! Back to business!
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I'd like this one please:

You got it. Thanks. PM sent.

• pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    (SOLD) Machito/Chico O'Farrill/Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie: Afro-Cuban Jazz.
    Post edited by pglbook on
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited November 2020
    Options
    If my Memory serves me right A young me saw Cheap Trick at the Sports Arena in San Diego in 1977 so this should bring back Memories seen them a couple of years later same place off the All Shook Up Tour the 1977 show was better. I will gladly take this Cheap Trick off your Hands as I seen them for the first time off this very same tour.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    If my Memory serves me right A young me saw Cheap Trick at the Sports Arena in San Diego in 1977 so this should bring back Memories seen them a couple of years later same place off the All Shook Up Tour the 1977 show was better. I will gladly take this Cheap Trick off your Hands as I seen them for the first time off this very same tour.

Thanks. You got it.

That is very cool that you saw them on the 1977 tour. I never saw them live but of course had the Budokan album (as we all did). The new Live 1977 was a big surprise for me, in a great sense. I did not know most of the songs but the music blew me away. They really had a very dynamic and rough edge to them early in their career. The new lp is fabulous - great pressing and sound (side A is a little less open sounding than sides 2-4 due to the recording but it really is a great recording and show). I am glad you will get it. PM sent . Thanks again.

• pglbook
    Options
    (SOLD) Cheap Trick: Out to Get You! Live 1977
  • pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Updated list with a few price reductions:

Allman Brothers Band: Beginnings
    Collects the Allam Brothers' first 2 albums - The Allman Brothers Band & Idlewild South - in this nice 2lp set. $20

Allman Brothers Band: Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas
    NM/NM (tiny bump to lower left corner of rear cover and a small 1/4" horizontal cut-out to upper side edges of cover). $20

(Parlophone, 2009).
    Includes large, 36" x 24," foldout reproduction poster. $25

Mint/Mint. Not sealed but only played once and all is as new. A great record (and I am not even a very big Cheap Trick fan but I liked this one a lot). $28

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $21

NM/VG (front cover has an approx. 3" tear that has been taped over with clear tape to its upper left side). Still a nce copy and it plays fine. A great record and not too common to find. $19

NM/NM. Includes a very nice and large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $20

(SOLD) Machito/Chico O'Farrill/Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie: Afro-Cuban Jazz

NM/NM (tiny bump to lower spine of the outer sleeve). $23

(2lp, Reprise, 2018). RSD 2018 Limited Edition. Includes a limited edition 8" x 10" b/w print of Neil Young and the Santa Monica Flyers only found in this edition.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    I'll take both Allman Bros.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thanks. You got both Allman Brothers lps. PM sent.
  • pglbook
    Options
    Both Allman Brothers lps are now SOLD.
  • pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    I'll take both Allman Bros.

Thanks. You got both Allman Brothers lps. PM sent.

• pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Most recent update list. Thanks.

(SOLD) Allman Brothers Band: Beginnings

(SOLD) Allman Brothers Band: Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas

(Parlophone, 2009).

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $21

NM/VG (front cover has an approx. 3" tear that has been taped over with clear tape to its upper left side). Still a nce copy and it plays fine. A great record and not too common to find. $19

NM/NM. Includes a very nice and large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $20

• msg
    Options
    I'd like to add this please.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    Options
    I'd like to add this please.

Thanks. You got it. PM just sent.

• pglbook
    Options
    The Sex Pistols Never Mind the Bollocks lp is now SOLD
  • pglbook
    Options
    Most recent updated list. Thanks.

(Parlophone, 2009).

(SOLD) Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols

• pglbook
    Options
    Updated list with a few price reductions. Thanks.

(Parlophone, 2009).
    Includes large, 36" x 24," foldout reproduction poster. $24

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $20

NM/VG (front cover has an approx. 3" tear that has been taped over with clear tape to its upper left side). Still a nce copy and it plays fine. A great record and not too common to find. $18

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $29
  • pglbook
    Options
    The David Bowie and The Jam lps are now SOLD
  • pglbook
    Options
    Updated list. Just 3 records left for sale (John Coltrane, Jethro Tull, Neil Young).
    Thanks.

(SOLD) David Bowie: David Bowie (Space Oddity): 40th Anniversary Limited Edition
    (Parlophone, 2009).
    Includes large, 36" x 24," foldout reproduction poster. $24

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $20

(SOLD) The Jam: Sound Effects (Polydor, 1980, 1st pressing).
    NM/VG (front cover has an approx. 3" tear that has been taped over with clear tape to its upper left side). Still a nce copy and it plays fine. A great record and not too common to find. $18

• pglbook
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Added one title (The George Coleman Quintet in Baltimore) and updated list to show what is left for sale. Thanks.

George Coleman: The George Coleman Quintet in Baltimore
    (RSD 2020 Limited Edition, Reel to Real, 180gram vinyl).
    Mint/Mint - not sealed but played only once and all as new. A great record.
    Limited Edition of 1,500 copies. Includes 12-page color booklet.
    Recorded Live at the Famous Ballroom in Baltimore, MD, on May 23, 1971
    $26

• pglbook
    Options
    Prices reduced on the remaining 4 records for sale. Thanks.

$25

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $19

NM/NM. Includes a very nice and large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $19

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $28
  • gudnoyez
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Peter the Cheap Trick arrived today immaculate as described, digging the retro CBS Epic orange labels, listening to it as I type yeah they definitely rocked in the early years. Thanks.
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• pglbook
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Paul, the Cheap Trick arrived today immaculate as described, digging the retro CBS Epic orange labels, listening to it as I type yeah they definitely rocked in the early years. Thanks.

I'm glad that the Cheap Trick lp arrived safely. They definitely had a great rocking edge to their sound in the early years. Enjoy the music! Thanks again.

Peter (not Paul, and also not Mary, ha).

• gudnoyez
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My apologies Peter. Someone should get that Neil Young great price for an excellent Lp I stood in line on RSD day for 1 1/2 hours to get that very same one well worth the purchase. Thanks again.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• msg
    Options
    Peter, I wanted to call you Paul at first too! haha
    I disabled signatures.
  • pglbook
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My apologies Peter. Someone should get that Neil Young great price for an excellent Lp I stood in line on RSD day for 1 1/2 hours to get that very same one well worth the purchase. Thanks again.

No worries at all. I was just having some fun.

And that Neil Young 2lp Roxy record is an excellent one indeed. I and am surprised it is still available and has not sold by now.

• pglbook
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Peter, I wanted to call you Paul at first too! haha

Too funny!
  • pglbook
    edited December 2020
    Options
    If there is interest in any of the following 4 lps that remain for sale, please let me know by 9pm EST tonight so I can ship any records out tomorrow (Saturday, December 5)

I can only ship on Saturdays as that is the day I go to my shop (where my shipping supplies are located). Thanks.

$25

Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $19

NM/NM. Includes a very nice and large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $19

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $28