WTB: OPPO BDP-103

Looking for a OPPO BDP-103 in good condition. Thanks.

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,025
    Would also be open to Marantz UD7007.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,939
    I read someplace that Oppo 103s are hard to find. I think I still have mine as a backup for my 203.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    Are you selling it?
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,789
    Lots for sale on eBay. Looks like the average price of completed sales is in the $350-375 plus shipping range. The Marantz is much rarer and sells for a lot more! Free bump!
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Musical Fidelity A308; Cambridge Azur 851N; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; ACI Titan Subwoofer
    The 103 is unique in that it lets you do something that is not allowed. I forgot what that is, but I think it was ripping SACDs, although I might be wrong.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    It does do that, but there's a lot of other players that do that as well.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,789
    Clipdat wrote: »

That’s because it’s the darbee edition right? Is that something you want?
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Martin Logan Grotto sub; Musical Fidelity A308; Cambridge Azur 851N; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • msgmsg Posts: 6,147
    BlueFox wrote: »
    The 103 is unique in that it lets you do something that is not allowed. I forgot what that is, but I think it was ripping SACDs, although I might be wrong.
    Bud, is it playing discs from other regions that you're talking about?
    I disabled signatures.
    That doesn't ring a bell for me. It was something they 'fixed' in the 203 so only the 103 can do it.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,761
    edited November 21
    The 103 could be physically modified to be Blu Ray region free. It wasn’t capable of being switched to region free with a remote code input.

The Darbee version of the 103/105 is worth the possible extra cost for 1080p video.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A31 and A23 amps; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 and JC5; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Marantz SA8004 SACD; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Anthem Pre-2L SE; Parasound A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; PS Audio Power Director 4.7; MIT S3 cables
    rooftop59 wrote: »

That’s because it’s the darbee edition right? Is that something you want?

It sounds like it's worth it.
  • charley96charley96 Posts: 164
    I thought I read here that Oppo went out of business?! I have this model,what's so desirable about it?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,518
    Yes Charlie Oppo quit the player business, but they are still huge in other electronics. Check ebay prices and see that large sums of money are being asked/paid for the players from the 95 series to the 205.

I find it incredible, that I could almost triple the money I paid for my 205.
    I guess I'll have to think about unloading mine, I've hardly used it.
    Kooks like mine isn't worth as much as the Darbee edition. Crazy prices on those.
    I'm going to hold off for now and cool my jets on picking one of these up. I'll just continue to use my PS3 for blu-ray and DVD. Although I would like to experience the video quality of an OPPO player at some point in my life.
    Well the saber dacs are pretty darn good as well for music.
    I'd like to saber YOUR dac, if you know what I mean.
    I'd like to saber YOUR dac, if you know what I mean.

Um ok better get to it lol
    :D:D:D
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,421
    edited November 24
    Oppo is into phones now. There's way more money in letting the Chinese spy on you. 😉
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,321
    I'm going to hold off for now and cool my jets on picking one of these up. I'll just continue to use my PS3 for blu-ray and DVD. Although I would like to experience the video quality of an OPPO player at some point in my life.

That being said, I guess I’m a little late to the party. I haven’t been online too much lately, but I’ll give this a shot

I’ve got a lightly used 105 no Darbee. I box it up shortly after taking delivery of the 205 and then that got boxed up after I started streaming

Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 463
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Marantz 8805
    Amps: Parasound JC5, A21+, A51, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, AQ Niagara, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • sgmsmg wrote: »

Unit looks like it's in excellent shape too!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs