Harley Davidson Serial One E Bike

Options
2»

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    It's probably just me, but when I bike it's for the exercise. Kinda defeats the purpose. But I can see the attraction for city dwellers trying to get from point a to b.
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    It was the prototype that grabbed me and none of the new models are really that! I wouldn’t trade my Cannondale Treadwell for any of their offerings ! And yes I’m loving this thing! Looks new because I take care of my things ! When I get a chance for one of the prototypes I think I’ll grab one! If not the one I have is great !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    Biking is my getaway from the digital world I live and work in. I primarily bike for the fresh air scenery and taking my children out. Bikes that use torque sensors make the experience very natural and could be a work out if desired. Exercise is not my purpose but to get out.

There are many nice paved trails around here.

I do look forward to checking out the Harley bike as I have not tried out the Brose setup yet. I tend to like Bafang, MXUS, and DAPU motors. Mid drive or hub.

Cheers!!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    Biking is my getaway from the digital world I live and work in. I primarily bike for the fresh air scenery and taking my children out. Bikes that use torque sensors make the experience very natural and could be a work out if desired. Exercise is not my purpose but to get out.

I do look forward to checking out the Harley bike as I have not tried out the Brose setup yet. I tend to like Bafang, MXUS, and DAPU motors. Mid drive or hub.

Cheers!!

Here in my area the only way to check one out is to purchase one, which I will do if they produce the original prototype! Not too concerned with what motors are involved as long as they are smooth and reliable ! I think The serial one bikes will go through their own issues as just about all e-bikes are dealing with ! Cannondale has the lowest Amt of problems if all the e bikes ! Check em out! Mine rides like a dream and too gives the legs a great workout so just when the ol legs feel like they can’t take anymore, then ya kick in the assist and what a feeling ! It’s a great rush! Glad I picked one up when I did !

I take my digital library with me wherever I go so no escape for me😃🎶🎼😉🎩
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    edited November 2020
    Options
    halen wrote: »

Cheers!!

Here in my area the only way to check one out is to purchase one, which I will do if they produce the original prototype! Not too concerned with what motors are involved as long as they are smooth and reliable ! I think The serial one bikes will go through their own issues as just about all e-bikes are dealing with ! Cannondale has the lowest Amt of problems if all the e bikes ! Check em out! Mine rides like a dream and too gives the legs a great workout so just when the ol legs feel like they can’t take anymore, then ya kick in the assist and what a feeling ! It’s a great rush! Glad I picked one up when I did !

I take my digital library with me wherever I go so no escape for me😃🎶🎼😉🎩

Love it THJ!!

Yeah, I actually have two Cannondale's as well. Not motorized. Why do I have them? You could say, like audio.. I like to try out everything I could get my hands (legs) on to. hahaha. As for issues with eBikes.. That is where I like "open source" and not proprietary setups. I could re-program the controllers, up the amps, change out anything.

[Off Topic]
    Ron got me into the Megabooms.. I never leave home, biking, without the Megaboom 3's. Audio has been raging in me for some years now. I plan on making a killer come back into it soon. Skip got the new version of my (used to own) Rosso Siena's in. Sonus Faber and Focal have been knocking on my doors, so will see.

Cheers to biking my man!