Miley Cyrus...

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I wasn't either. I think I started giving her a chance a while back when a buddy sent me a track by Moby and The Flaming Lips with Miley Cyrus on vocals singing Lucy In The Sky. It's a trippy version but I liked her in it.

I saw her in a few appearances here and there after that. Been open to her stuff since, but still haven't really listened to much of her music still. Shes pretty good in those tracks linked. I thought she was good in the Black Mirror episode she was in. Just not that rendition if Wish You Were Here someone posted a while back. Man, that was painful.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    While I think she has greatly improved as she has "matured", I think I prefer her younger sister, Noah's music in general.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Miley's voice really came into it's own several years ago, she has just had different artistic interest that didn't focus on her power and range. Even during her strangest years she would still do a few acoustic tracks during shows that would showcase what her voice is actually capable of.

I think the new Midnight Sky single is a good balance of pop music and a strong vocal performance. And she's able to dial the energy of that song up and down pretty easily based on the various live performances she's done so far vs the recorded version. I'm glad she's been able to stick with music and find a balance for the spotlight in her life. It looked for a minute that she was potentially going to crash her career, but looking back those might have been some pretty calculated risks. She's created a pretty unique image and a catalog that is all pop technically, but there are likely few fans that enjoy her whole catalog.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Miley the rockstar works for me! I'm liking the new her.
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Ugh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    https://youtu.be/mda9ms9Xb7I

I thought this was nifty, although she seems to have done some of her best work sans apparel.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    She ruined it with the second song...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Unfortunately. :/