Mazda and Bose

So I recently purchased a Mazda CX-30 with a Bose audio system and dare I say it sounds very good. It’s definitely the best car system I ever had. Now I never had a premium system before so I don’t really have anything to compare it to but this system is impressive. Depending on what I’m listening to the sound is very good to awesome. The other night I was heading south on route 55 in Jersey and Keb Mo randomly came on my thumb drive. I changed the setting to randomize that folder. The next 30 some minutes was a wow experience. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. It was quite impressive for a car system.
HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Congrats on the new ride, and the sounds. Car systems have become very complex in recent years with everything that's integrated into them and the number of speaker drivers placed in the cars. Bose's car audio section is now primarily a consulting and acoustic technology company that works with car manufacturers to shape the sound systems they partner on so that they're specific to the acoustics for each model. The amps and speakers are made by other companies for each brand. Bang and Olufsen does similar things these days, although I think they have more of a hand in speaker and amplifier design still.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    We have a CX 5 with probably the same system. By far the best audio in any of our vehicles.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I'm pretty sure that Mazda sounds good with that sound system, the Wife once owned a Nissan Rouge with the Bose sound system, and I was very impressed with it. She now owns a Nissan Pro 4X with a Rockford Fosgate system, and it sounds very impressive as well, thier was no reason to even consider changing anything in either vehicle, even our Kia sportage has a decent sounding system not even sure what it is but sounds great.

The Toyota Truck I drive has an old school set up Kenwood deck, Alpine Amp JBL Coaxilas in front Triaxials in back with a Kicker Subwoofer and to be honest it gets louder but does not best either the Bose or Fosgate systems in the Wifes Vehicles, like Emlyn stated above those newer factory systems are tuned to perfection when you up your sound system package on your new vehicle purchase. Congratulations on the new Mazda.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited October 2020
    One thing that may set the newest Mazda/Bose systems apart from others for owners interested in quality sound from a stock system is that audio files can be played from a USB drive, either WAV or FLAC, at full 192kHz quality. I don't recall seeing another brand that supports that functionality, but there may be others now. Acura may have had something a few years ago with DVD Audio too.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Bose's car audio section is now primarily a consulting and acoustic technology company

That's overly simple. They do collaborate with auto companies since it's a must for the industry. In that sense, they consult. But there's lots of research that goes on and they still design parts. You can watch some videos to get a sense of the engineering that goes on.
    https://automotive.bose.com

And there's videos on Youtube that provides other depth such as this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmlO6RDNBRM

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Love my 2005 Mazda3s that I bought new in November 2004. Not sure who made the stereo, but it still sounds good. I'm a little surprised the speakers still work fine.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I found it interesting that they put subwoofers in the front door pillars and the spare tire mount.
  • kq0nbh67o1ju.jpeg