What song do you play in your car at the end of a rough day??

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I thought this might be fun and give me some ideas for songs.. been having a few rough days recently.
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2004
    The Cult, wild hearted son, wild flower, she sells sanctuary, etc.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    For "Rip your boss' head off" aggression -- Testament 'The Gathering'

For mellow with an edge -- Type O Negative 'October Rust'

For pure mellow -- Pink Floyd 'Momentary Lapse of Reason'
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    angry songs - korn's "take a look in the mirror", some godsmack, etc. or techno with a kickass beat.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    nice... keep em coming!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    after dealing with your girlfriend, ex, inlaws or boss...
    cold hard **** by jet
    closer by nine inch nails
    Prosthetic Head by Green Day...it starts off slow...then BAM...goes off
    if you really listen to the words youll get into it
    its on the Nimrod CD, track 18...lol...i listen to it a lot
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited June 2004
    TOOL! Woohoo....Calm yet plenty of aggression :D
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • jbowl
    jbowl Posts: 72
    edited June 2004
    Disturbed - Down With The Sickness
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    ooh WAH HA HA HA!!!

except the middle part, that's weird

i saw them in concert, and they actually did that part, too... i thought it was pretty strange, but a rockin concert nonetheless

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    what?
    the part with "no dont hit me mom...owww!!"
    lol
    i thought it was funny
    -Cody
  • jbowl
    jbowl Posts: 72
    edited June 2004
    ".. I'll be a good boy..."
    "...OH WAH HA HA HA..."
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2004
    my best pissed off groups are....

A perfect Circle... especially the ones that are a little mellower yet still angry... "and i'm more than just a little curious how you plan on going about making your amends, to the dead" love that song...

Static-X when it calls for more violence.

Rage and System of a Down are good too....

BUT!!!!!

when i'm realy pissed and getting downright pathological... that's when i turn to D12, what can i say, they bring out the sociopath in me ;D perfect for the darkest of dark thoughts that we all entertain from time to time yet refuse to admit to ;p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by MTXMAN
    my best pissed off groups are....

A perfect Circle
    they were here saturday and i fuggin had to work...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    oh, megabummer; i saw godsmack live two weeks ago... awesome. i had no voice for a week; then, last week, i saw shinedown, and while they're possibly my favorite band on cd, they sucked live... also a megabummer.

mtxman - great picks, cept ive never heard of rage, what are they like?

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    rage against the machine
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    oh, duh... ive always known them as ratm... like soad...

man, that one just went sailing way over my head...

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    lol...it took me a while to figure out soad...
    ive heard them referred to as rage a lot
    the only band i know by the initals is RHCP
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    ha, i didn't let that one by. what was their last cd? blood sugar sex magick? that one's not bad, but they've done better imo.

nirvana's good for emotion, as is NIN

• MTXMAN
    edited June 2004
    i saw shinedown a couple weeks ago at a local bar and thought that they put on a pretty decent show, only downside is that the bassplayer had his amps cranked too high, let too much distortion into the mix.... (popping sounds that wern't realy supposed to be there)

the first cover band was called balance, they're from Indy and they completely sucked... half the crowd was heckling them....

second group "blackout" wasn't bad either....

all in all not a bad show especially since i got the tickets for free from a local radiostation and there was this hot drunk chick rubbing all over me for half of shinedowns set ;) the realy funny part is she would rub all up against me putting her hands on my side and butt and they she'd turn around and makeout with her boyfriend for a couple min then get all over me again, it cracked me up...... sad though that that's the most action i've seen in the last 9 mo......
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited June 2004
    Poor guy. Its been 5 months since I've had any real action too. This is where A Perfect Circle and Tool come in handy....
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    neo-i think californication was their last CD, thats one pretty old, that might have a newer out now
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    if it makes you feel better i havent gotten any in like 72 hours
    neo-i think californication was their last CD, thats one pretty old, that might have a newer out now
    -Cody
    huh... well, it's the last one i've got... most of my newer CDs are harder than that

12 hours...

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2004
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers last full album was release July 9th, 2002. It was titled "By The Way" which met critical success but did not please long time fans used to thier quirky yet hard edged sound and edgy lyrics. Most recently, they have released several of thier first set of albums as digitally remastered recordings and that was done in March of 2003. They also released a Greatest Hits album in November of 2003 and that is thier latest release to date.

Don't you people know anything?

As far as what I listen to after a hard day, well, anything. The stereo in my vehicle sounds so nice, it's so detailed and so accurate that I take pleasure in just listening to the stereo. It can be anything from talk radio to classical music to gangsta rap to death metal. It doesn't really matter what it is, I just like listening to my stereo. I like it so much that sometimes I will go out of my way to take a long way home just to be able to listen to the stereo a bit longer.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    I like it so much that sometimes I will go out of my way to take a long way home just to be able to listen to the stereo a bit longer.
    You do that TOO??? :)

I like a mix of a bunch of different stuff. Lately, I've been listening to a ton of Hoobastank, foo fighters, incubus. I like "Weapons of Mass Distortion" and Born Too Slow by The Crystal Method, Breathe by Prodigy, Straight out of line by Godsmack, most of Linkin Park's stuff, all depends on the mood. When the wife is in the car, it's mostly lighter stuff. She's not a fan of the hard rock, but she does like some songs. She's actually really coming along. I've been training her. When we were dating, she'd always listen to smooth jazz in the car. Now she listens to rock. :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers last full album was release July 9th, 2002. It was titled "By The Way" which met critical success but did not please long time fans used to thier quirky yet hard edged sound and edgy lyrics. Most recently, they have released several of thier first set of albums as digitally remastered recordings and that was done in March of 2003. They also released a Greatest Hits album in November of 2003 and that is thier latest release to date.

Don't you people know anything?
    oh, duh, how could i have forgotten?? :D

yeah, i take the long way 'round too - i even (gasp!) volunteer to do errands sometimes in order to listen to my system... now that's devotion :p

• MTXMAN
    edited June 2004
    glares at cody.... thanks for the help bud :mad:

heck guys, sometimes i'll just make the 3 hour roadtrip from ft wayne to Indy to get a bottle of pop when i need to unwind :cool: .... I once drove for 10 hrs straight doing nothing but listning to my music when my (now ex) gf was being a ****... i probably woulda gone for 15 had i had the system i do now ;D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited June 2004
    Tool - stinkfist

or when I'm really pissed off:

Drowning Pool - Bodies
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    egh, i dont pay much attn to RHCP anymore, like green day, there old stuff was better, now they just come out with greastest hits albums...lol
    and i do that too...take the long way home, or go past the road to my house and then make a 'u'y when the song is over...then every now and then another good song will come on and ill go back the way i was originally coming and pass my road again, and then try to time it to where ill be pulling up to my house about the time the song ends...then i turn the truck off really quick so i dont know what the next song is...lol...its an addiction
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    oo...and im going to a drowning pool concert on the 12th...the burden brothers are also going to be there but you guys probably havent heard of them
    you should download 'beautiful night' by the burden brothers...its a jam
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2004
    Anything METAL---
    Hatebreed, Killswitch Enage, In Flames, Nevermore, Lamb Of God, Slipknot, Pantera, Zombie.... etc etc
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    white zombie!
    how did i forget that one...
    -Cody