Record Cleaning Machines

Options
I'm thinking of stepping up to a record cleaning machine. I've been looking at used VPI 16.5 machines. Does anyone have experience with this machine?

Comments

• classic carl
    Options
    I've had one for many years. Best investment I ever made to upgrade my vinyl experience. I've cleaned over a thousand records with mine. Buy a used one if you can. I could easily sell mine ror what I paid for it over 10 years ago.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I haven't used the VPI 16.5, but it's one of the best reviewed RCMs of all time. I went with the Pro-ject VC-S2 Alu, but I was down to that or the 16.5.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I purchased a used 16.5 years ago, I've cleaned 100's of LP's and it's going strong. Only thing I've done it is install a longer Drain Tube to reach a collection jug. "If" you acquire one, clamp the Drain Tube when cleaning. This allows the most powerful suction on the LP surface. Only open the Tube to drain about every 8-10 LP's.

Good Luck! If one is serious about Vinyl, you NEED a good RCM.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Okki Nokki user, highly recommended.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Okki Nokki user, highly recommended.
    I looked at the Okki Nokki One pretty closely because from a feature/price standpoint they are really in a class on their own. But the unknown ship dates caused by their production/COVID delays turned me off.
    But if anyone is in a position to wait, the One does look like a smart design.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pelhamplace
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!!