Monitor 10A vs. 10B crossovers

Options
I have a pair of 10A's and a pair of 10B's. The crossovers seem identical in that, all 3 caps and 2 resistors are exactly the same values. Both pairs of speakers have fuses also. Does this mean that the 2 different tweeters (peerless in 10A, SL2000 in 10B) are interchangeable? Thank you in advance

Answers

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Are you sure it is a SL2000 and not a SL1000? The 1000 has a silver face plate
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,182
    Options
    The SL2000 and the Peerless are definitely not interchangeable and I don't believe the SL2000 was ever shipped by Polk in the 10B. 10C maybe but not 10B. You should check serial #'s of speakers, dates on tweeters and MW's and crossovers to try to find out what is wrong but if I had to guess I'd say somebody installed the wrong tweeters in your 10B's. What MW model #'s does each speaker have?
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Louie21
    Options
    Thank you Gardenstater for the reply. I was mistaken... my 10B pair has the SL 1000. I should have looked first! I have an extra pair of the peerless tweeters in perfect working condition and wanted to install them in the 10B after recapping the XO. And since both sets of XO are seemingly identical, I didn't think it a problem. The caps in both sets are ...
    2 X 12 if
    1 X 34 if
    Resistors...
    1 X 2.5
    1 X 2.7
    I forget voltages but they are identical. Is there anything else about the crossovers that make them different? They are labeled correctly
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,182
    Options
    I don't think so, I think you're good to go. It would be interesting to swap out the SL1000s for the Peerless before modifying the XO, to see what the difference in sound is.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform