Which wiring kit for my 6.5" comps?

Options
AustinKP
AustinKP Posts: 861
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm looking at this knukonceptz.com 4ga wiring kit. I'm getting a 4 channel so I'll already have the rca run for my sub when I get it. Are the speaker wires and rca's on this kit ok, or should I see if I can upgrade them? Is there ANYTHING else I'll need to install? This is my first time, so I'm pretty clueless.
http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
Post edited by AustinKP on

Comments

• AustinKP
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Anyone???

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    Options
    check the length of the speaker wire - you get 20 feet, which may or may not be enough, depending upon your installation. also double-check the amp rating on the fuse, it comes with 80. add up the fuse ratings on all your amplifiers, and that's roughly the value to use next to the battery. as far as wiring goes, once you hit a certain point, it doesn't generally matter much beyond that. youve hit it, so you're golden.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    as far as wiring goes, once you hit a certain point, it doesn't generally matter much beyond that. youve hit it, so you're golden.
    What do you mean by this? On CAF, a couple guys have recommended just buying a 4ga amp wiring kit from Wal-Mart. Is this sound advice?

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    Options
    i'd say it depends upon install. if you're able to run power down one side, signal down another path, and speaker/remote down a third, then it doesn't really matter. if you have to run some stuff right next to each other, then there's more noise opportunities, and it may be worthwhile to spring for a better-shielded kit.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    Options
    if the walmart kits are cheaper then id say get em from walmart
    to tell you the truth, you can buy the shittiest kit in the world
    the only reason i recommend SW ZN 3.0s and 6.0s is because of the better shielding technology, they dont really have better sound...
    they are built better too
    id rather buy nice ones now and never have to worry about them breaking or getting noise
    only thing from walmart is really the quality of the inline fuse holder
    i got mine from www.carmedia1.com
    its for ANL fuses and the shipping cost more than the damn thing itself, but it was still cheaper than anywhere else i could find WITH free shipping...it was like $14 but its a solid built holder
    so yeah, grab em from walmart if it has what ya need and its cheaper
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it