Peachtree Nova Amps & SDA 1s

Options
Anyone using, or used, Peachtree Nova amps with SDA 1s?

Specifically Nova 150 or 300. I have SDA 1c speakers with updated xovers and new tweeters (along with upgrades to enclosures).

If there is an existing relevant post I was unable to find on app version of forum.

Paul

Comments

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    If they're common-ground, I'd expect them to be fine. A 6-ohm nominal load shoudn't be a challenge for a competently-designed amp.

The problem is that there are so many INcompetently designed amps sold under both new and established brand names.
  • ambiophonics
    Options
    Aren't those class D? Not common ground?
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    I am using an NAD M22 v2 with my SDA-1Cs with updated tweeters. Definitely class D and common ground. Sounds great!

The Peachtree NOVA 300 was measured in Stereophile so you can see how competent it is.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • paulfhplaptop
    Options
    I auditioned in store (NOT SDAs (GE 5s)), was pleased...seemed more musical than my previous. Replacing a NAD C390DD (class D, common ground) that is now best suited for use as a small boat anchor.

Thanks for the feedback (and I think I've read every available review of the Nova 150/300s). Just a bit leary of the more complex amps after writing off a fairly pricey amp, so all the built ins are a bit of a deterrent. Going to audition it and a PrimaLuna, with much less WPC.

Paul
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    I was involved in a conversation with another about this. From Peachtree, "All of the Nova power amplifer sections are fully-differential designs", which should mean they are not common ground.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• paulfhplaptop
    Options
    Thanks...I will have to double check...makes the selection narrower.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    You may want to look up Peachtree’s customer service and QC. Both have been questioned in other audio forums.
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • paulfhplaptop
    Options
    Thx. Submitted question yesterday, will post response when received.
  • paulfhplaptop
    Options
    From Peachtree:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for writing in. Since our amp is internally bridged, they do not have a common ground.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
    Service Coordinator
    Peachtree Audio
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    There you have it!