UHQR Jethro Tull - Aqualung coming soon

Options
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I wish they'd start with the SACD releases....

Love the clear vinyl.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    That’s tempting for an old guy like me.
  • maxward
    Options
    About what I paid for my Thorens in 1973. Yikes!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    If it was Benefit I would be tempted, already own to many versions of Auqalung on Vinyl and CD already. I hear you on the 45 rpm's stop it already.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I just placed my order. Thanks for the info.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Hey @maxward you need to post something. Your count is 666. No one needs anything else to go wrong this year!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    Options
    And what a year it’s been!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    I received the Steven Wilson remix last year for Xmas, and like it a lot. It's basically got a hard-bound album cover, with a 25pg color booklet inside with lots of vintage pics, narrative about the making of it, and of course lyrics pages.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I have the Steve Wilson mix, sounds excellent to me, but I would have purchased the new UHQR if it wasn't 45rpm.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    Options
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    The Steve Wilson mix is one of the few of Aqualungs I own and the reason I would sit this one out.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I also have the S W remix, sounds stellar to me.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I have the Steve Wilson mix, sounds excellent to me, but I would have purchased the new UHQR if it wasn't 45rpm.
    Vinyl is high-maintenance enough already. Those 45's barely let you get settled before it's time to flip.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    Options
    With some belt-drive turntables, you have to physically move the belt on the motor's pulley to go between 33 & 45, and that can be a pain depending on configuration of where the pulley is located.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    I only have two 45rpms and while they do sound great, I won't be buying any more. I should not have to flip the record before I have even half finished my drink.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    I only have two 45rpms and while they do sound great, I won't be buying any more. I should not have to flip the record before I have even half finished my drink.

Well maybe you need to just drink faster.....
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    It sounds spectacular. Good thing my chair is rite next to my turntable.