New Marantz AVRs

Options
Does anyone know when the new SR-XXX5 series will be at Best Buy? I can't find exact release dates just that they're coming soon.
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Don’t know about Best Buy but Music Direct says SR8015 are in stock and Crutchfield says expected Sept 30. You may want to check with the Magnolia section at a local Best Buy. I have done that before. Sometimes they are slow to post what they already have in the back on a pallet. Prices should be the same everywhere.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You would think Magnolia would stock them and not Best Buy, I dont think I've ever seen anything Marantz at a Best Buy.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Emlyn
    Options
    The Marantz and Denon gear is in the Magnolia section of the Best Buy stores near me. They used to carry Pioneer Elite and even Plinius too. I think they still have McIntosh tube amps, some Martin Logan speakers, and SVS subwoofers. Haven't been in one for a while of course! For the higher end models they sometimes have to order for store pickup or delivery since they would only have a display model in one of their show room systems.

I was actually hoping the remaining SR8012 model would be deeply discounted with the SR8015 out now since I have no use for 8K video.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    You would think Magnolia would stock them and not Best Buy, I dont think I've ever seen anything Marantz at a Best Buy.

You are probably right. I don't differentiate the two and just call all of it Best Buy.

I just want the smaller guy, 5015. I wouldn't normally buy new but I want to future proof with HDMI 2.1, variable refresh rate, 4K 120Hz, and 8K 60Hz.

I'll stop in to Best Buy when I can find some time to see if they know.

• Nightfall
    Options
    It's been way too long since I've had my vintage Polk surround sound setup going. 2 channel is great for music but gaming hasn't been the same and this new Xbox has me excited to get it back up and going again.

• Nightfall
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    The Marantz and Denon gear is in the Magnolia section of the Best Buy stores near me. They used to carry Pioneer Elite and even Plinius too. I think they still have McIntosh tube amps, some Martin Logan speakers, and SVS subwoofers. Haven't been in one for a while of course! For the higher end models they sometimes have to order for store pickup or delivery since they would only have a display model in one of their show room systems.

I was actually hoping the remaining SR8012 model would be deeply discounted with the SR8015 out now since I have no use for 8K video.

You can get one for $2k @ 33% off. Not exactly cheap still.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/marsr8012/marantz-sr8012-11.2-ch-x-140-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

• Nightfall
    Options
    Everything local is sold out or coming soon. 8k or not. Seems like Covid is having a real affect on AVRs. Does anyone have anything sitting in a closet?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Covid is having an effect on every industry.
  • Nightfall
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'll try to see if Larry still has that pioneer laying around or if he sold it.

Who knew AVRs would become rare

• Emlyn
    Options
    It looks like the SR5015 won't be available for another three weeks or so. That model comes from a different country/factory than the SR8015 I suspect.
  • Nightfall
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ListenUp came through. Said I was the first person to buy one of the new 8k 2020 models. I just got the slimline because I'm not trying to spend $2k+ on an AVR and they only had slimline or TOTL, I've always thought for HT good enough is good enough. It's not particularly powerful as far as the power supply but on the other hand 80-90 db is my high end listening level, I have a sub to take the bulk load, and if it doesn't work out it has preouts for the front speakers. Marantz even custom labeled the box with my name.

vgbh9fj37h27.jpg
    qj6d4oenkata.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
  • Nightfall
    edited September 2020
    Options
    It's nothing too special, pretty sure it's the cheapest Marantz AVR you can get. I'm just glad to get surround sound back for gaming. It was my friends birthday today so I have only unboxed it so far but tomorrow after work I'll get it all setup. I sold my Monitor 5s to Don so I'll have to forgo a center channel. I'll post some pics to get some opinions on what I can do for a center in the setup I have tomorrow as well.

• TopperDude
    Options
    coolness !! which speakers you pairing them up with? Xbox games take advantage of Dolby Atmos so game night going to be so much more fun at your place soon :)
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Right now RTA-12Bs in front and Infinity Kappa 5s in back. Where I can fit a center channel is only 19" wide so not even wide enough for a 704c or the S30. I could fit a single Monitor 4 in the spot or I could get the S35 and put it up top in front of the TV without blocking the screen much but I have reservations about 3" drivers.

• Nightfall
    Options
    It's a Salamander rack. I guess I could just let a 704c hang off the edges of the shelf but it would look goofy, no? I'd be moving the Marantz to the bottom shelf.

0ncv6xxemm9t.jpg

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    CS400i is only 18 inches wide and is an awesome center channel. Would probably be a good match for your mains also...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I'll see if I can track one down.

Another option is to wall mount the TV and put whatever center I want on top of the Salamander.

• TopperDude
    TopperDude Posts: 166
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Another option is to use a matching bookshelf speaker for the center channel (if you have the height).

(just 1pc though. Not the pair)
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I have a Monitor 4 I could try with the same Peerless tweeter as the RTAs, I just need to get a wire.