Ebay Issue

Options
kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
edited September 2020 in The Clubhouse
So some malroon bought my DAC and paid last night. This morning I see a message from him "Sorry. I thought this had USB". And thats it. The listing stated " no USB input and there were 2 pics of the rear panel. If I just ship it anyway...will this turn into an even bigger PITA?
Post edited by kevhed72 on

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    You're only asking for trouble.

Chalk it up as an honest mistake (they do sometimes happen) and get'r back on the open market!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • kevhed72
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You're only asking for trouble.

Chalk it up as an honest mistake (they do sometimes happen) and get'r back on the open market!
    Yeah....I already messaged him back and said "You are a PITA". OK, maybe not but I did ask what the issue is and will wait for a response.
    Really just venting in a way. Oh well.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Buyer's remorse. Inform Ebay and relist.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Sometimes I miss small details on ebay on my phone. Be thankful it had not shipped and turned into a bigger mess.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yea that’s just eBay. It’s MUCH better that your hadn't shipped yet. Refund and relist and move on. I kid you not, I once bought a pair of LSi7s on my phone on accident. Immediately contacted the seller, told him it was an honest mistake and he refunded and relisted within minutes. No harm done and I know he sold the speakers quickly (it was a great deal).

eBay is great because you get such a bigger market, but you do have to be willing to deal with a bit more hassle. To me the benefits far outweigh the hassle, but ymmv and all that...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    The same people who can’t write and eBay ad apparently can’t read one, either.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Yeah he responded but wasn't very clear...so I had to message him again. Young people these days. I will cease with my first world problems for the weekend! Thanks guys....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Put a picture of the the front and back of t it in the box. Then say "sorry I didn't know you wanted the real DAC
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus