Denon AVR-S930H Cutting Out

Options
Hi everyone, I have Denon AVR-S930H that is being problematic. I have Polk Monitor 60's as the FR and FL speakers and a Polk center (CS1 I believe). The receiver is connected to the TV via an optical cable. The receiver isn't getting hot or having any other issues, other that what I'll describe below, as far as I can tell.

My FR and FL speakers are randomly cutting out, ex. audio will be playing out of all speakers but will suddenly stop playing from one of the speakers. It happens to the FR and FL speakers probably an even amount, and has happened to the center maybe only a few times. Originally I had the speakers hooked up to the receiver with the wires just screwed into the terminals on the speakers and receiver. I thought that might be the problem so I got some banana connectors but it hasn't seemed to help at all.

If I wiggle the connectors on the back of the receiver the sound will resume playing from the speaker that cut out. This happens sometimes multiple times a day or it can go maybe a week with no issues.

Any ideas what it could be?

Comments