AVR Recommendation

Options
Thanks to everyone who assisted with recommendations in building my home theater. I'm very happy with the final results and it absolutely totally rocks the entire house. :D

I'm now considering upgrading my AVR to 4K and once again looking for some recommendations. The main use of my home theater is for movies and sports. Should I look at a Marantz?

Thanks...
Projector - Optoma CinemaX P1 | Screen - Elunevision 120" Aurora 8k Ultra Short Throw NanoEdge
Media - HTPC: 120 TB Movies, Nvidia Shield | AVR - Denon AVR-X3700H | Amp - Outlaw 5000, Outlaw 2200 x 3, Outlaw 2220 x 2
Front Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA9 | Center Spkr - Polk Audio CSiA6 | Surround Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA7
Rear Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA5 | Atmos - Polk Audio RTiA1 | Sub - HSU VTF-15H MK2 x 2

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    simoes wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who assisted with recommendations in building my home theater. I'm very happy with the final results and it absolutely totally rocks the entire house. :D

I'm now considering upgrading my AVR to 4K and once again looking for some recommendations. The main use of my home theater is for movies and sports. Should I look at a Marantz?

Thanks...

Marantz, Yamaha, and denon’s higher end are all excellent options. Marantz is slightly warmer so would probably be ideal...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    You should always look at Marantz. I like the Yamaha AVENTAGE stuff but no doubt consider Marantz.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Marantz will probably be coming with new models soon, Denon is already there with their Xx700 series. They include the latest video processor with HDCP 2.3 and 8K resolution. Somewhat future proof, at least for a few years. Marantz is a bit more expensive because build quality is better compared to Denon. Same parent company with Polk though. Personally, I would wait for Marantz to put out their next line of receivers.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Edit. The new Marantz line is on the way. For example, the SR8012 becomes the SR8015.
  • simoes
    simoes Posts: 71
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Edit. The new Marantz line is on the way. For example, the SR8012 becomes the SR8015.

Waiting for the next line of receivers makes a lot of sense and gives me some additional time to research the various brands.

Your comment of "Somewhat future proof" made me LOL. I remember in 1994 when I purchased my first Datatrain 286 desktop computer and the sales guy said that I would NEVER need anything more that a 100 MB hard drive.
    Projector - Optoma CinemaX P1 | Screen - Elunevision 120" Aurora 8k Ultra Short Throw NanoEdge
    Media - HTPC: 120 TB Movies, Nvidia Shield | AVR - Denon AVR-X3700H | Amp - Outlaw 5000, Outlaw 2200 x 3, Outlaw 2220 x 2
    Front Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA9 | Center Spkr - Polk Audio CSiA6 | Surround Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA7
    Rear Spkrs - Polk Audio RTiA5 | Atmos - Polk Audio RTiA1 | Sub - HSU VTF-15H MK2 x 2
  • Emlyn
    edited August 2020
    Options
    There's very useful info in here (and the subsequent two videos) regarding comparisons of Denon and Marantz and what's coming soon, straight from Sound United...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6dK-pVSTpc&t=360s