Ovations - Fidelity, unordered package arriving tomorrow

Jimbo18
Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
edited August 2020 in The Clubhouse
Does anyone have any experience with this? I received a UPS email notice that a package from Clearwater, Fl. is arriving from them tomorrow.

I didn't order anything. There's no charges on my card, and no one I know would buy expensive equipment for me.

Assuming I see the driver arrive with whatever it is, should I tell him to return to sender? Feels like a scam, but I don't know how it works if it hasn't been charged to me.
Post edited by Jimbo18 on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    When shipping something with UPS, whether on-line or through an account, the shipper can add your email addy to a Notification process. We get delivery notification emails all the time. If you're in doubt, even if UPS actually drops off a package and you didn't see them. Don't open the package, jot down the tracking # and take it to a UPS Store or Center and tell them you want to refuse it. You can follow the package and see that is was returned, your proof that you don't have possession of 'whatever' if you are actually charged for something.
  • Jimbo18
    Thanks, MIke. I did some more research and found the address. It's not Ovations Fidelity audio from England, it's some kind of Fidelity Investments place in St. Petersburg, Florida. Nothing has hit my credit card, so I guess it's some kind of package of investment "opportunities" or something.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Well? What happened, Jim?
    Can we all have an audiofest and crash at your new swampland timeshare?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jimbo18
    No, Scott, social distancing and all that.

Turns out it was from United Healthcare. I got severed at work and have to sign up for Medicare and they sent me some stuff to sign. Weird because nothing in the UPS info had anything to do with AARP or Medicare.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,557
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I got severed at work...

Severed with what? Where?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Jimbo18
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I got severed at work...

I was laid off permanently. I had been on furlough for 4 months, but they decided that the work wasn't going to pick back up.

I am on SS already, but can't afford not to work at all, but I am planning on getting something part time.

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    I got severed at work...

I was laid off permanently. I had been on furlough for 4 months, but they decided that the work wasn't going to pick back up.

I am on SS already, but can't afford not to work at all, but I am planning on getting something part time.

Sorry to hear you got laid off Jim. Hope you find something part-time soon. I'm turning 65 this Friday. I signed up for Medicare a few weeks ago. Waiting for my card so I can apply for a supplemental policy, part G. I've been paying $460.00/month for United Health Care with a $2,500 deductible and $4,500 yearly out-of-pocket max. With the supplement it should be less that what I've been paying and have lower out of pocket costs, hopefully none other than scrips. Difficult deciding on the supplement provider. I'm not fond of UHC or a managed Medicare plan.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,118
    I got severed at work...

Man that sucks Jim. I’m sorry man, hope you find something that you enjoy and will make ends meet.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I got severed at work...

Man that sucks Jim. I’m sorry man, hope you find something that you enjoy and will make ends meet.

Agreed, good luck to you! A lot of employers looking for DEPENDABLE employees, kinda of a rare thing these days it seems.

• Jimbo18
    Thanks, guys. I am not panicking yet. I am trying to help a friend get a new business off the ground. Just working for beer so far, but he's thinking it will be cheaper to put me on salary :)