Read Southall Live at Tower Theater

jeremymarcinko
jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
edited August 2020 in Music & Movies
Could be the best new album I’ve heard in 20 years. Gives me hope.
d0yiesub5i2j.jpeg

Moon and Back... :'(
Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    A decent album although I could do with less crowd screaming. I assume you would also like Brent Cobb "Shine On Rainy Day"?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2020
    Agree with the crowd noise at times, but I think the small venue does more good then bad. I love the crowd singing along and that the album is not trying to be “perfected” in a studio.

This was just a Spotify recommendation and I hadn’t heard of them. I can’t tell you the last time I heard 16 new tracks on an album that I throughly enjoyed.

Yes Brent Cobb I enjoy much of his music.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Thanks for the tip. Streaming it now on Tidal. Liking what I hear so far.
  • You’re welcome. I went for a 10 mile run this past Tuesday and listened to this album again during my run. I just absolutely love it; zoned completely out and made the run very enjoyable.