Will db650 fit in a 98 Accord Sedan

Thor
Thor Posts: 1
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 98 Honda Accord Sedan and am interested in the db650 for the front doors. Accordig to Crutchfield web site, they won't fit. But according to www.PolkAudio.com they will. Which is true, and exactly what modifications would I have to make to get them to fit?

Thanks!
Thor

p.s. for future reference, anyone know exactly what the mounting depth is on the fronts for a 98 Accord Sedan?
Post edited by Thor on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2004
    I would trust the Polk website. They are the ones that built the speakers and know em best where Crutchfield has about 2 million different models from a million different manufactuers to keep up with.

Crutchfield listed the Momo 6x9s as not fitting in my 02 Ram where the Polk website said they would go.

They went but not without a lot of bending, prying, cutting, cussing and pushing! If the Polk list says it will fit your rig then it probably will but you may have to do some "engineering".
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited June 2004
    They'll fit just fine, you just have to cutt out the back of the mounting basket thing (protects factory speakers from getting water on them) and they'll fit just fine. Its just cause the speakers are a little deep. I have db6500's and wouldn't ya know it, they fit.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    um... if the factory thought the oem speakers might get wet, don't you think the aftermarkets might too? that would be bad, yes?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    its a precaution yes, but ive done it before with no problems...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited June 2004
    Factory speakers have paper cones. You could only imagine what would happen to them if they got wet. I think aftermarket speakers could handle it a lot better if a little water got on em.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX