I need a new gas grill

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I will try a pork on that spinner thingy
  • afterburnt
    edited September 2020
    Anyone recommend a smoker box for this thing? I had a cast iron one that was ok but I forgot it in the grill that I abandoned in CA. I also forgot my Lodgepoll griddle damn thing cost 50 bucks now!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    afterburnt wrote: »

Just got this one delivered today gonna try the stock grates before I shell out $70 something for stainless. If I can't get some non mechanically tenderized Prime beef from Costco I am just gonna make weenies on it or throw it away.

Funny you mention that about the blade tenderized beef at Costco. I just saw a YouTube video about that recently. When I was at Costco, I asked one of the workers bringing meat out about the tenderizing. He said the Prime beef is actually run through the tenderizer twice.

The "safe" way to go is to buy the whole loin. He said anything that is vacuum packed has not been tenderized.

• 2nd year on my Weber...love it!
    fe2gp4d9s9pw.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    2nd year on my Weber...love it!
    I am awfully fond of Webers myself. :)

eqpwl6w3103a.jpg
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2020
    fe2gp4d9s9pw.jpeg

I purchased the exact same one a couple months ago. The cook box on these Weber’s are top quality. Can’t beat it for the money.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • You can always add a pellet tube smoker to enhance the flavor a bit
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    tube smoker

EEEEWWWWW!!!!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Wow! All these recommendations for Weber. I dropped about $1k on a Weber Genesis II natural gas 4 years ago - it's a rust bucket now. Just too much humidity here in Houston for the grade of stainless steel they use. I had the burners, grates and lid replaced about 1 1/2 years ago and they are rusted again. I will invest in an RCS or similar next time around as they use a better grade of stainless steel.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2020
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Wow! All these recommendations for Weber. I dropped about $1k on a Weber Genesis II natural gas 4 years ago - it's a rust bucket now. Just too much humidity here in Houston for the grade of stainless steel they use. I had the burners, grates and lid replaced about 1 1/2 years ago and they are rusted again. I will invest in an RCS or similar next time around as they use a better grade of stainless steel.

league City here...
    Wow surprised. I have the Weber Summit that I purchased in 2008. I replaced the grill tubes a couple months ago, but kept the old ones and soaked them down with oven cleaner and they spiffed right back up. Now I have a rotation set
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    The Summit are nice. I believe they are the only ones still made here, the others are made overseas now.

A couple years ago I went with the Napoleon Prestige Pro with 304 Stainless and 9.5 mm grates.

The side 1800 degree sear is a big bonus.

halen
  • afterburnt
    @halen can you use that side sear to put a pot of something on it?
  • halen
    The grate has two positions. On lower position you could put a pot of something on it. On the higher position, it is used to sear.

I use the sear burner to cook soups or deep fry outdoors. I try not to do any fish sauce inside. Hehe
  • afterburnt
    Cool, I bought this grill mainly not to cook in my kitchen/ dining room because I turned it into an art gallery lol. Not to mention my electric stove is an abomination that has two settings nothing or burn.
  • halen
    I will dig up pics of using the sear burner with pots and pans. But here are pics of it when I first put it together. I love the lights. It gives a very good visual to cooking and which burners are on.

ccxf0sgtu57e.jpeg
    lg5fw9e57c2m.jpeg
    4ywymc82o5x9.jpeg
  • halen
    Forgot to mention. You could do charcoal in it as well. I also have pictures of the adaptor they have to use charcoal.
  • halen
    edited September 2020
    I can’t find pictures of charcoal converter and don’t want to go out and take pics of it right now.

Who said stainless can’t have sear marks? I could have it on my sear or inside the grill. I had a nice cast iron based grill before. It was nice too and still great today. But I gave it to a coworker.

Here are some sears

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I’m considering that same model Napoleon when I replace my 20-year-old Weber. If Weber comes out with a comparable sear burner, then it would be a tougher decision. Good looking grill.
  • halen
    Buy from BBQGuys

Get points and the $250 off they have going now. You will also get around $100 in points to use towards future purchases.

Smoker.
  • halen
    maxward wrote: »
    I’m considering that same model Napoleon when I replace my 20-year-old Weber. If Weber comes out with a comparable sear burner, then it would be a tougher decision. Good looking grill.

The Weber’s of old are tanks. I have friends that still use theirs well over a decade. They are gems. They store outside with no cover with zero issues on the main parts. Truly tanks.
  • afterburnt
    halen wrote: »
    Buy from BBQGuys

Get points and the $250 off they have going now. You will also get around $100 in points to use towards future purchases.

Smoker.

Wish I had seen this before I bought it and damn near slashed my wrist putting it together, this thing is made of blades in every angle you can think of! Anyway the rig I got ain't as nice but now I have no reason to be in the house cept fer the terlit.
  • afterburnt
    You can always add a pellet tube smoker to enhance the flavor a bit

I got that tube thingy and I am using it to season my girl with pecan pellets. I never used pellets only chips. They smell like grass burning and I don't know what to do, I thought the 400-pound sack was the most economical but now I got a lifetime supply of rabbit food that rabbits won't even eat.

Signed
    Betrayed in French Lick Indiana.
  • afterburnt wrote: »

I got that tube thingy and I am using it to season my girl with pecan pellets. I never used pellets only chips. They smell like grass burning and I don't know what to do, I thought the 400-pound sack was the most economical but now I got a lifetime supply of rabbit food that rabbits won't even eat.

Signed

You back in Prescott for good now Bruce?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Signed

Why would you season your girl? :D

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    @codycatalist Yeah since July but I am still unpacking and discovered a black hole floating around my house. Also it has been miserable with no AC, I took out the swamp cooler cause I had an AC contractor that strung me along for four weeks and then ranked out on me so I still have no air. Record highs (ugh) since I got here full time but It still beats going to work.
    @codycatalist Yeah since July but I am still unpacking and discovered a black hole floating around my house. Also it has been miserable with no AC, I took out the swamp cooler cause I had an AC contractor that strung me along for four weeks and then ranked out on me so I still have no air. Record highs (ugh) since I got here full time but It still beats going to work.

I have been trying to make my way up there but everything going on plus freeway closures and a new baby it has been hard to find time.

Dude you are in northern country stop crying =P

I kid I kid, no matter where in AZ if you have no AC you are dying.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »

Signed

Why would you season your girl? :D

I wanted to try something different, the lemon and drawn butter was getting kind of monotonous.
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    edited September 2020
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I am awfully fond of Webers myself. :)

eqpwl6w3103a.jpg

If that’s your 265/275/Daytona(?), I want to be your new best friend.
  • afterburnt
    Ferraris are literally works of art.