Mytek Brooklyn Bridge

Options
Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,598
Anyone have experience with the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge, specifically the streaming portion with the MConnect app?

https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/products/brooklyn-bridge/

Brooklyn_Bridge_Black_front_view_no_bg_small_IMG_0067.png

Brooklyn_Bridge_black_back_view_no_bg_small_IMG_9974-3.png

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I have the DAC only Brooklyn DAC+ and I have it coupled with a Lumin streamer. The dac+ is very fine and the Lumin U1 Mini streamer is notches above, but it costs a bit more than the Brooklyn Bridge.... I would like to compare the Brooklyn Bridge to my setup as I certainly believe in Mytek's engineering. It looks to be a nice combination and would have considered it if it was available when I bought mine. The Brooklyn Bridge is roon ready which IMHO is prolly better than any manufacturer's interface and makes for a great common interface with other compatible equipment in your home. If you call Mytek, chances are you will speak with Michal Jurewicz the inventor/designer/engineer/salesperson/main dude. He is extremely knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    I cannot speak for the dac in question but i i had a few issues with mconnect on my ps audio dsj. The app for me was a bit buggy where lightning app and lumin app are rock solid on the same network and same old ipad.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The controller app makes or breaks the streaming experience IMO, so the importance of it being a high quality/intuitive app cannot be emphasized enough.