Got a new computer(Part 2)

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
well, I was doubting it, but I got my new computer today...I went online 2 days ago and it didnt even say it had been built!
so i was getting kind of mad
but yesterday i went online and it said it sent off but it didnt have the UPS tracking number up yet
went online this morning to see if it had been posted and it had
it was going to be delivered today!
it only had to go from Austin to here, I guess thats another good thing about living in Texas!!
but anyway...the CPU is HUGE!
its 20" tall!
8.5" wide and 19" long
its about an inch or two longer, not any wider, but a full 6" taller than my old computer
my old computer is not very big at all, but this thing is huge
i took a few pictures but now that i have my new computer
ill be posting them shortly
anyway, all in all, two thumbs WAYYYY up for this computer...its awesome
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2004
    lol i think hw is just trying to make those (like me) with shiity a$$ comps jealous. hehe
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    haha...i can honestly say that is not my intention...4 hours ago i was one of those people with a crappy computer
    seriously...the only thing my old computer did was paint, notepad, and internet
    and the internet was SEVERELY limited...in the last couple of weeks, for some reason it would not even let me open my new explorer, so i had to go back to using my old one
    i couldnt open more than 2 explorers at a time with the old one...i could only open 1 of the new one at a time...
    it was a CRAPPY computer...but heres a link to look at my new computer and how it compares to my old one...the ruler in front of the new one is a standard 12" ruler...like i said before, the thing is 20" tall and 6" taller than my old one
    531337_18_full.jpg
    like i said...its huge
    -Cody
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited May 2004
    Everyone of those "gaming computers" I've seen has been huge. Is there any real reason behind this other than options??

Glad to hear you like the computer. I had a Dell that was nice enough to live on just the fan over the CPU for about 6 months (the case fan died after 4 years of dust from dorm rooms and apartments). I decided to go ahead and build my own to save money, but a new computer is a new computer :)

And oh yea.... Dell was pretty notorious with me for taking a while to build computers. The laptop I'm on right now took about 3 weeks to process and build. Then again, the demand was high on them when I got it.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    i dont think the alienware's are quite this big...but they might be...theyre pretty big as well
    from now on, ill probably just 'recycle' this computer...upgrade it when new things come out and so on
    im going to take another picture of the way this thing opens(the case)...even that is cool....lol
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2004
    What are you doing with the old machine?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    im going to delete everything off of it and reinstall windows and it will become a backup
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited May 2004
    Cases are huge...cause we load em with fans to keep it all cool. I have 6 in my tower at the moment....and thats not very many compared to the others I have run into
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2004
    Cody, actually that is a normal full tower case size. Mine is the same. Your old one was a "Mini-tower". The reason gamers use full-size towers is usually for cooling and more expansion slots, room for more Hard Drives, CD/DVD/Zip drives, etc. They hold a lot more fans. If you count the power supply fan, CPU fan, Video Card fan, plus case fans, I have about 8 fans in mine, and still have places for one or two more.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    ive just never dealt with gaming computers before...I've seen hundreds of 'regular' towers and none of them were this big
    my old computer, despite its size, was extremely easy to work on...one of the easiest ive ever seen...even compared to the XPS with its 6" height advantage...except for the drives...my old one seemed easier to work on, especially the slots for the modem, sound card, etc
    this computer is really beautiful though...lol
    about time it came in...
    -Cody
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited May 2004
    heres my multimedia tower. Note the milk crate next to oi, that 12 inches.
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    all that computer and you cant even turn the picture right side up:)
    thats a lot of wires behind it too...i hate that...all my extra wire is neatly rolled and twisty tied...even in my truck...it annoys me...im one of those 'neat freaks' about wiring...it drives me nuts when you have to figure out where a wire goes to and you have to follow it in and out of 3 thousand other wires...lol
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by bknauss

And oh yea.... Dell was pretty notorious with me for taking a while to build computers. The laptop I'm on right now took about 3 weeks to process and build. Then again, the demand was high on them when I got it.
    thats not even it...they had already BUILT my computer...then one day it magically got canceled...they said it was a part that wouldnt coincide with another part...but it had already been built and tested and was being boxed...they tried to feed me a line of ****...but yeah...so i had to reorder (and i reordered the exact same computer) and it got here...so im not complaining anymore...its here...its setup...its running great:D
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited June 2004
    Uh oh spaghettio's
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    Uh oh spaghettio's
    usually i get your remarks...i think i missed this one...
    hmmm...
    i think im losing it...lol
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    good, i'm not the only one who totally missed that one :)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited June 2004
    Oh come on guys...His wirein looked like spaghetti....

nothin a few wire ties and some loom couldnt fix!!! :)
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    ahhh...I had no freaking idea what the whole spaghettio's thing was about. :D Makes sense now...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    im still lost on the "O's" bit... :D

j/k, honestly...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited June 2004
    i like spaghettios
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    Oh come on guys...His wirein looked like spaghetti....

nothin a few wire ties and some loom couldnt fix!!! :)
    what the hell kind of spaghetti do you eat thats black an a quarter inch thick?
    lol
    i feel better knowing that i havent lost it...that was way off the wall...even for you:)
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    they make egg noodles that are stained with squid ink...

• TrappedUnder Ice
    edited June 2004
    Guess Y'all are just too young to remember the comercials....

the saying was...Uh-oh...spaghettio's.... but anyway.... back on earth :p
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    i remember the commercials...but still could not make a connection with the wires...
    -Cody
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2004
    spaghetto commercials were pretty good.... that little O' guy riding a skateboard or something... oh yea, nice computer Cody....

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...