Stereo worked before I moved, now it doesn't.

Options
2»

Comments

• Rayo217
    Rayo217 Posts: 8
    Options
    gmcman wrote: »
    @Rayo217 Did you confirm you were in STEREO mode and not a surround mode? Your receiver may default to Dolby when unplugged for a period of time.

I have tried literally every setting and adjustment the receiver has to offer. Literally nothing effects the way it sounds. I have even adjusted bass, mid, and treble, full range low to high, balance L/R, fade F/R, Bass boost on/off, Stereo/mono/surround in all of the factory eq settings. Higher decibel outputs and ranges of mid/treble result in more static, lower decibel and range SLIGHTLY reduces static, in bass boost mode I get clear lows, like in the double bass range, but the bass and lower mid still sound like the upper mid and treble range-more static than music.

Again, there is not a single setting on this receiver I have not played with, and the only noticeable improvement I've found on any channel or setting is slight clarity of the super low range in bass boost, and you can only hear it on the 15's built in to the side of the Yamahas.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options
    Hard to believe ya'll are spending this much time on an AVR that isn't worth $5.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,495
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just 'cause!
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Re: FM antenna. You don't need to buy anything if you have a paperclip and a piece of wire.
    What's the paperclip for?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited June 2020
    Options
    To stick in the hole, I presume.

m9j1lwnwpbgk.png
  • Hermitism
    Options
    That drawing is the greatest work ever produced by the H&M Studio!
  • msg
    Options
    Good God Man.
    Anyone can see the string on that nut is just gonna snap off.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I think something was lost in communication. It's a paperclip and a wire. LOL
  • msg
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Oh. Yes, I see that now.
    I like how you used oxidized wire in the reference figure above.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hard to believe ya'll are spending this much time on an AVR that isn't worth $5.

It's the thrill of the chase.
    This is why people become detectives.

31wphxuxm93f.png
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I watched an episode of Columbo last night!

"Just one more thing..."
  • msg
    Options
    "Now Mark, I want you to go forth and begin collecting audio equipment like me. Start with a big room. Buy some shelves. And oh yeah, build a house. Like on a farm or an Inn like Bob Newhart."
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    31wphxuxm93f.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    Options
    If I woke up with Suzanne Pleshette in bed next to me, and (of course) if she were still alive...