Polk RTA 12-C - Spare Parts confusion

Hello everyone, need your expertise regarding my RTA -12C.

I'm finally thinking of buying spare parts for it (while they're available) and so Polk Audio recommended Midwest Speaker Repair. Have you guys used them before?

The thing is the parts are all 8ohms, when the speaker is supposed to be 4 ohms. Right?

Frankly speaking I'm not desperate for the parts, because the speakers are performing well. If you check my previous post you'll see what they look like. I am tempted to redo the crossovers but I haven't the faintest how to start. Could someone point me in the right direction for parts etc?

I hope you are all well.

https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/woofers/polk-audio-1/mw-audio-mw-6503-8-6-5-inch-polk-audio-copy-woofer/

https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/home-audio/tweeters/polk-audio-1-tweeters/polk-audio-sl2000-1-inch-dome-tweeter/

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    The RD0194 Midwest sells is the correct replacement. Their MW6503 isn't really a replacement for the MW6501, but better than nothing I suppose. The wiring of the drivers and the crossover create the nominal impedance, so it's easy to have a 4 ohm nominal rated speaker using 8 ohm components.

MW6501
    Fs: 31 Hz
    Re: 7.75 ohm
    Qts: 1.470

Their MW6503
    Fs: 51.3 Hz
    Re: 6.6 ohm
    Qts: 0.499
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MFattal
    MFattal Posts: 25
    Thank you F1Nut for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it, and didn't know the specs were that different.

Would you care to enlighten me whether to invest in the sl2000 tweeters? Mine work fine, but one of them has a dent in the dome.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Yes, you want the RD0194.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk